shape
carat
color
clarity

Heirloom reset- Can this be done?

I like ice

Rough_Rock
My daughter would like to use the setting from my mother's ring for her e-ring. Currenty the center stone is about 1/2 ct in an illusion setting measuing approx. 6.3 mm. Right now the wedding band is soldered to the e-ring. She would like to find a band to match to use for her own. Ideally, she would like to have a MUCH larger center stone :) Is it possible to remove the prongs/basket (sorry, not sure of the correct term) and put in new with the new center stone. How do we determine how large it can be if I am not actually face to face with the jeweler?

Question part 2 - My future son-in-law has asked for my help selecting a stone. If it will work, I will advise him to get the stone from a PS vendor. Can most vendors do something like this? I was leaning towards IDJ due to the great things I have read. Would we have to send the setting to him to have the stone set? Would it be best to have a local jeweler set the stone? To us the setting is priceless, and I would be beyond devastated if something happened to it.

Any advice and suggestions welcome!

DSC00921.JPG

DSC00930.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results