shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts on Fire OWNERS, please post thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kinger

Rough_Rock
To those of you who have purchased or own a hearts on fire diamond (either round or dream), would you mind posting your thought process behind the purchase and your feelings about the performance now? Any pictures would also be appreciated!

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock

Personally… I’ve looked at HoF’s site… and I don’t like their technique…

Out there, there seems to be what 5…6 major ‘brands’ of H&A diamonds…

8*
HoF
WF-ACA
SuperbCert
Venus by Infinity

Off the top of my head.

Of those I would be happy to buy from WF (again) SC and VbI… 8* and HoF… no for different reasons… 8* - I guess I cant see em… me being in the UK and they only sell instore (well that’s the impression I get) plus the owner’s Zeal for his subject intruges me… but still I can sort of understand their premium… im not willing to pay the extra for it… when I can get the same for less… HoF seem to use the same sales technique as Tiff n Co. – that is… on fear. The kinda ‘we’re the only perfectly cut diamonds on the market’ theres nowt better than ours… everyone else pails when compared to us…other rocks are crap… we’re the only seller of H&A diamonds…’ kinda thing. Plus their renaming of basic equipment so they can trademark it themselves…(I guess in the same way 8* do with the Firescope, HoF have the ‘proportionscope’ which looks just like WF’s H&A viewer ;)) and with the details they do provide – the miss out the crown info… (of the 6 I’ve clicked on crown was listed as ‘0.0°’ ;-) ) which to me makes me think – what are they scared of… not giving that info? Do they tend to have such crown angles as to push them into the upper right hand section of the AGS0 grade… loosing on light return performance? Now I know ideal AGS cuts are 59.9%-63% on depth… but I like to see somewhere around 61% or less… so I get most spread for my money (without compromising on crown and pav angles) but these HoFs all seem to be 61% +

Still I go on.

I think at the end of the Day… going for a stone being sold as a H&A will attract a premium… and the size of the premium will depend on the name of the brand… and then it comes down to it… how much over the odds* are you willing to pay to get that perfection?

*as compared to either other brands of H&A or none H&A ideal cuts…

still with me?

BetsyA

Rough_Rock
I own a HOF diamond. I had bought a diamond before I knew Pricescope and decided to exchange my diamond for one of more ideal proportions. My first diamond was described to me as Very Good cut but I wanted one that had more sparkle. I was still within my 90 day exchange period. This was right after the Christmas season and not much was left in the way of ideal in my price range. But they had HOF and I did find one that I had to spend more money for but was 10 points smaller.

My diamond scores a 1.6 on the HCA and it sparkles! The specs on it are listed on one of my previous posts and I''m sorry I don''t know how to attach links.

I have no regrets for making the decision to buy a HOF in my circumstances as I had no other alternatives at the time. I do have a nice diamond. And I like the fact that I have a local jeweler who understands what type of cut I am after. If I upgrade I will try to find one that is not a HOF as size DOES count!

30.gif

If you are wanting to buy a HOF then just check the specs out as some of them can be deeper. I do think they are beautiful.

Hope this helps!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

Although I don''t own a HOF diamond, I have looked at them and personally I think these diamonds are gorgeous. They''re cut nicely and sparkle like crazy!

Of course, this aside, they''re too expensive. I couldn''t justify spending the extra money when I could either save by buying online OR spending my entire budget and getting a pair of earrings or a pendant to match the eng. ring
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t own one but looked at one when we were shopping. I looked at the Dream anad really loved it. Sparkled like no tomorrow.

But then I got some additional education on diamonds and realized you could probably find something with a similar PERFORMANCE that would cost about 40% less. So if money was no object, we may have continued to look at HOF, but now when the same type of rounded square H&A diamond was $4k less elsewhere..

There are so many options out there now for non-rounds and square rounds that have optimal performance, I would at least cover all your bases and check them all out before making that final decision. If the HOF is what floats your boat when all is said and done, great...but be sure to do all the homework first.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results