shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone tried Chrysmela earring backs?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to replace the pushbacks on my studs. I have the large ones but they don't hold that well so I'm always checking if the studs are still in the ears. Changing to screwbacks is not an option as they irritate my piercings.

I recently came across Chrysmela earring backs on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Chrysmela-Allergenic-Replacement-Earrings-Platinum/dp/B00GVHNYPO.. They have good reviews but I'd like to get some PS feedback. Has anyone tried them?

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I use the large push backs and this little plastic bead from cheap dangle earrings and my studs don't budge. I feel very very safe with them.

_24079.jpg

_24080.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
heididdl|1415843046|3782395 said:
I use the large push backs and this little plastic bead from cheap dangle earrings and my studs don't budge. I feel very very safe with them.
This is what I do. I bought a huge pack of them (they are rubbery) at a craft store like Michaels and they work perfectly.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I am interested in the Chrysmela backs too. I do the same think with my bezels that I leave in my second piercing but they are a pain to remove for cleaning. I hope someone here has tried them and will respond.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a pair of La Pousettes that I've had no problems with. They're easy to use, & secure. I don't have any experience with Chrysmela earring backs.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LaPousettes all the way. My daughter lost the first pair, then I replaced them with the LaPousette backs, they are like a clamp, and just don't come off.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
WillyDiamond|1416066661|3784119 said:
LaPousettes all the way. My daughter lost the first pair, then I replaced them with the LaPousette backs, they are like a clamp, and just don't come off.

Don't you have to replace the posts so the backs will work? If so, it seems like a big expense more than the $50 for these.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I ordered them with LaPousette back from Leslie at BGD, I think they cost an extra $100, they were also 14K WG including the disc.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm putting Chrysmela on my holiday gift wish list. If they come my way, I'll update this thread with a review.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump to add that I received Chrysmela backs as a gift and am very happy with them. The studs feel much more secure on my ears. Here's a shot of what they look like IRL.

20150218_0.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1424298034|3834543 said:
Bump to add that I received Chrysmela backs as a gift and am very happy with them. The studs feel much more secure on my ears. Here's a shot of what they look like IRL.

This is good to know. As I contemplate upgrading studs, I am conscious of having them securely on my ears! Let us know if you have further updates!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1416021025|3783886 said:
I have a pair of La Pousettes that I've had no problems with. They're easy to use, & secure. I don't have any experience with Chrysmela earring backs.

Ditto = have had 3 ctw diamond studs for ten+ years with La Pousette backs. Never had a problem with them, falling off, falling out, etc. They are the best backs. I wonder if the Chrysmelas are heavy. Have you tried them out with your earrings?

novicebuyer

Rough_Rock
I have been happy with the Chrysmela earring backs I bought in August on Amazon. Comfortable, easy to put on and take off and very secure.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a feeling that these backs are not "platinum" or "Gold", but stainless steel construction with plating for yellow or rose color gold. That's not a real problem, but the metal for LaPousette backs is precious metal with the exception of the internal spring mechanism. These backs are being a bit misrepresented as Platinum or Gold, I believe. An advantage of these backs is that you do not generally have to replace the existing backs on the earrings you want to use them on. These will fit most any wire or post including threaded posts. LaPousette requires their own post to be soldered on.

Otherwise, these backs look like they may be very useful and helpful for preventing loss of an earring. Using the broad plastic protector cover against the ear might be a good idea to help prevent the "constriction" issue one user reported having.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results