shape
carat
color
clarity

Harry Winston ??????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lookingood35

Shiny_Rock
I have a Harry Winston question.

I was recentlly in New York having a business meeting, when another women commented on my engagment ring. I said thanks and advised we are looking into an up grade. Later that night over drinks she told me I should get a Harry Winston Blue or Pink nothing less than 10ct. She stated I appear to be that type of girl????????????????????

Can anyone tell me what type of girl buys Harry Winston e-ring with a Blue or Pink diamond?
I have done some looking on the internet and found they cost more than a white diamond.

I have to admit I know want to see one of these for my self
23.gif

Note: This women was a beautiful blond type, with this years prada shoes, Hermes bag and great teeth. She told me her e-ring was from Winston, it had a pink center about 12ct is my guess[$$)].

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 10:40:31 AM
Author:lookingood35

She told me her e-ring was from Winston, it had a pink center about 12ct is my guess[$$)].
I''m inclined to think that''s hogwash... anyone who could afford a ring like that (precious few in the world could, I imagine) wouldn''t need to brag about it over cocktails...
20.gif

widget

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 10:49:00 AM
Author: widget

She told me her e-ring was from Winston, it had a pink center about 12ct is my guess[$$)].
I''m inclined to think that''s hogwash... anyone who could afford a ring like that (precious few in the world could, I imagine) wouldn''t need to brag about it over cocktails...
20.gif

widget
yep.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
So that what she thinks?! Is she paying? I would think a ring like that would be in the millions...pink diamonds are pretty rare. For me, a pink stone is lovely as another ring, but I would not want my ering to be pink (and I like pink)...just ho...I think a celebrity who has tons of money would get something of that ilk...someone who is not conventional and it is another piece in the jewelry wardrobe...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As we Brits say that is probably a load of tripe. How many mil was Jlo''s pink HW Radiant from Ben Affleck??? And that was " only" 6 carats!

lookingood35

Shiny_Rock
I work in the money industry, I have seen a lot of very expensive items, but this king offffffff
struck me in the head. My ring now is not modest but the one she had on wassssssssssssssss
WOW
32.gif

I am sure she and her family can afford it, just not clear on why blue and pink?
She made it sound as if white diamonds were ugh!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/16/2006 10:53:14 AM
Author: Lorelei
As we Brits say that is probably a load of tripe. How many mil was Jlo''s pink HW Radiant from Ben Affleck??? And that was '' only'' 6 carats!
If i recall right, i think Ben counted around 5-6 mil. for that baby, and it was only 6 carats, double the carats is NOT double the $$$, quite MORE

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can anyone tell me what type of girl buys Harry Winston e-ring with a Blue or Pink diamond?
IMHO -- the kind of girl who buys a Harry Winston e-ring with a Blue or Pink diamond is a desperately celeb-obsessed, trend-slave with WAY too much money to throw away, and WAY too little self-respect. But that''s just my opinion. When I think Harry Winston blue or pink ... I think J-LO and her multiple disasterous unions. Lotta good the bling did her!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 11:12:23 AM
Author: decodelighted

IMHO -- the kind of girl who buys a Harry Winston e-ring with a Blue or Pink diamond is a desperately celeb-obsessed, trend-slave with WAY too much money to throw away, and WAY too little self-respect. But that''s just my opinion. When I think Harry Winston blue or pink ... I think J-LO and her multiple disasterous unions. Lotta good the bling did her!
okay but what about a ''no less than 10ct'' pink or blue diamond?
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2006 11:10:32 AM
Author: DiaGem

As we Brits say that is probably a load of tripe. How many mil was Jlo''s pink HW Radiant from Ben Affleck??? And that was '' only'' 6 carats!
If i recall right, i think Ben counted around 5-6 mil. for that baby, and it was only 6 carats, double the carats is NOT double the $$$, quite MORE
I don''t think my calculator would even go that far to do the maths for a 10 carater!
6.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
she told me I should get a Harry Winston Blue or Pink nothing less than 10ct.
Note: This women was a beautiful blond type, with this years prada shoes, Hermes bag and great teeth. She told me her e-ring was from Winston, it had a pink center about 12ct is my guess[$$)].

Oh ... and the kind of woman who would say such a thing ... is IMHO a conniving Frenemy who hopes you''ll price out Harry Winston > 10 ct pink & blue diamonds and be kicking yourself for the rest of your life that you CAN''T have what she pretends she already has. I say *pretend* because the chances of someone who HAS that BRAGGING about it and encouraging OTHERS to get it -- is like NIL.

"This year''s Prada shoes" does not = Billionairess. Which is logically what it would take to have a legitimate 12 carat pink diamond on casual display.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to admit I know want to see one of these for my self.

--AND THEN--

She told me her e-ring was from Winston, it had a pink center about 12ct is my guess

Little confused. You now WANT to see a Harry Winston pink diamond in person -- or you ALREADY saw hers???

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This reminds me of the guy who bought the supposed 5 carat "diamond" the other day, except on a grander scale.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2006 11:23:52 AM
Author: decodelighted

''This year''s Prada shoes'' does not = Billionairess. Which is logically what it would take to have a legitimate 12 carat pink diamond on casual display.
HI:

I am living testimaony to that
11.gif
9.gif
--does a 4 carat raspberry tourmaline count? A hundredereess perhaps????

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 11:48:21 AM
Author: ladykemma
was she drunk?
Lol, I was thinking the same thing!!!
3.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off subject, but this reminds of a trip to NYC in the 1980's and a stroll through Trump Tower. There was a store there that sold nothing but high end socks (yep, those things we put on before we put on shoes) and they had pairs of socks made out of cashmere, that cost upwards of $700/pair. Now, I realize that's not gargantuan, but in the '80's, it was a tidy sum. And I remember thinking that if I purchased a pair of these really really expensive socks, it would be the "ONLY" article of clothing I would wear. Fortunately for everyone in NYC, I could not afford a pair of those $700 socks!!!

Remember, money and how expensive things are, is really relative. There are those who can readily afford million dollar baubles and it wouldn't put a dent in their bank account. Chances are they don't spend much time on Pricescope. If you have to ask how much it costs to put gas in that yacht, you probably can't afford it.
31.gif

Cheers!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 12:16:06 PM
Author: Rod

If you have to ask how much it costs to put gas in that yacht, you probably can''t afford it.
31.gif
exactly rod! well said.
31.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pink or blue multi-carat diamond from Harry would cost well into the millions. (A 25-point intense pink from Tiffany costs at least $60,000.00 USD). If you see her again and she starts talking blues and pinks, tell her that you're holding out for one from Graff's because their colored diamonds are far superior to Harry's.

What would someone who can afford a 10-12 carat pink diamond be doing in a business meeting, anyway?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Serious BS or serious delusion. Anyone with that kind of money 1) isn''t talking about it so openly 2) isn''t WORKING!!!!

(Hello, Melania??!) Seriously. Ridoc.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look, I am from the shoppers...I like to spend money on nice things. SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLAR SOCKS IN 1980''S MONEY? SICK AND NUTS IS WHAT IS SAY. Not many folks I know who are wealthy would spend THAT on socks...I wonder if they sold many?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Did she explicitly say that her Harry Winston e-ring has a diamond center, or did she just imply it? And does anyone know what kind of gemstones HW carries?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harry Winston mostly carries diamonds, rubies, sapphires, & emeralds. They''ll sometimes put aquamarines and turquoise into necklaces.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey Brit GF
35.gif

is that the same as.... she''s full of S**T
20.gif
34.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2006 2:25:48 PM
Author: diamondfan
Look, I am from the shoppers...I like to spend money on nice things. SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLAR SOCKS IN 1980'S MONEY? SICK AND NUTS IS WHAT IS SAY. Not many folks I know who are wealthy would spend THAT on socks...I wonder if they sold many?
Sorry, don't know, but I'm quite sure the world is very grateful I never purchased a pair......LOL

Bella

Rough_Rock
What type of girl? The Jennifer Lopez type.

I believe this woman you met could have had a real 12-carat diamond. Didn''t the most recent Mrs. Trump get a 10 or 12 carat from House of Graf? It was estimated around $2 million. And Prince Charles'' most recent wife got a $10 carat emerald ring from the Queen that was estimated at a little over $1 million (part of that value was because it came from the Queen).

So it''s not totally unbelievable that this woman could have a 10 or 12 carat diamond from Harry Winston, or that she has a finace who can afford a couple million dollars on her ring. What I find hard to believe is that she is so insecure, she has to brag about that ring to an almost total stranger. Now that''s sad. (But maybe she was waiting for you to complement her on it, and she ended up having to "prompt" you into it?)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 3:34:27 PM
Author: Bella
What type of girl? The Jennifer Lopez type.

I believe this woman you met could have had a real 12-carat diamond. Didn''t the most recent Mrs. Trump get a 10 or 12 carat from House of Graf? It was estimated around $2 million. And Prince Charles'' most recent wife got a $10 carat emerald ring from the Queen that was estimated at a little over $1 million (part of that value was because it came from the Queen).

So it''s not totally unbelievable that this woman could have a 10 or 12 carat diamond from Harry Winston, or that she has a finace who can afford a couple million dollars on her ring. What I find hard to believe is that she is so insecure, she has to brag about that ring to an almost total stranger. Now that''s sad. (But maybe she was waiting for you to complement her on it, and she ended up having to ''prompt'' you into it?)
Yeah, but Melania''s 12 carat EC is COLORLESS. A colored center stone would be even more! How many people--with JOBS??!!--are walking around with 10million+ rocks on their hand??

And Camilla''s 3stone EC is only that valuable b/c of the lineage--it was the late queen mother''s--not b/c of the blingage!

I don''t know. Rings false to me. Unless she is pathologically insecure. And irretrievebly tacky.

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Lookinggood35 - It is totally believable this woman had a 12ct rock. In Manhattan some flaunt wealth others you wouldn''t know it unless you had to review their financials for a coop purchase. It maybe inconceivable for some to believe the money (old/new) in this town but it indeed exists.

She''s probably making a statement based on the "exclusivity" of having a pink or blue in that size. Go with what your comfortable with not with what she deemed appropriate. My 2cents.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not know many people who have a 10-12 carat plus good quality colored diamond (VERY rare and valuable) from a Harry Winston. Not that it is not possible BUT...I heard through a friend about a woman in NY who has a 25 carat D flawless emerald cut, $5 million dollars at time of purchase and took 5 YEARS to procure. It has been seen in person, and is just one of many fabulous things she owns apparently...but I think a pink stone is so much harder to get it just seems a bit odd and why would she brag like that to someone and suggest they also go out and spend that type of money??? It is truly presumptious and offensive...

widget

Ideal_Rock
hee hee....I''m still reeling over the concept of $700 socks....even in TODAY''S money!!!

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results