shape
carat
color
clarity

Harry Winston ??????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
From what I gather, this woman did not brag at all about her diamond (or gemstone). She simply said it was from HW. The original poster wrote that she thought that this woman''s ring looked like a 12 carat pink diamond.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I just took a little stroll through Sotheby''s Auction Archives and found this:

Fancy Vivid Pink diamond, VS-2, (only) 7.21cts

Selling price in Hong Kong in ''03: $17,000,000 USD
23.gif

widget

3Z7WQ_HK0195-1039.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widge, do you have any sense of what that would be in American dollars, adjusted for today? (any econ/finance majors here?)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 11:37:19 PM
Author: jazmine
From what I gather, this woman did not brag at all about her diamond (or gemstone). She simply said it was from HW. The original poster wrote that she thought that this woman''s ring looked like a 12 carat pink diamond.

But would you ever tell someone that they should get a stone of that size and cost from Harry Winston with a straight face? Maybe she meant it tongue in cheek, but it just seems very silly to suggest that without knowing someone''s situation...I would be embarrassed to suggest something of that ilk to a stranger...

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Mere pocket change ladies! (Yeah right!)
25.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 12:07:53 AM
Author: widget
I just took a little stroll through Sotheby''s Auction Archives and found this:

Fancy Vivid Pink diamond, VS-2, (only) 7.21cts

Selling price in Hong Kong in ''03: $17,000,000 USD
23.gif

widget

Yeah... and PINK diamonds are CHEAP compared to blue diamonds. I''ve checked. You do NOT want to know.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
32.gif
Can''t even imagine. Me I like them ICY WHITE, LOl Couldn''t resist, hehe
31.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 12:42:57 AM
Author: Kaleigh
32.gif
Can''t even imagine. Me I like them ICY WHITE, LOl Couldn''t resist, hehe
31.gif
LOL!

And your Icy White''s are so lovely too Kaleigh! My eyeballs about fell out of my head-- someone on here has a dream diamond-- a hexagon cut blue diamond... so I thought... oh, that looks pretty, wonder how much that would cost. The site I went to had blue and pink... and by the time I finished looing at the blue diamonds-- the pinks were looking like a bargain. It was crazy.

I think DF should mention a nice Blue Harry Winston-- we''ll go conservative on the carats-- 8 carat diamond to Lars though... definitely.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Hey all....

If you think blues and pink are pricey......

Try a red one!...or a real natural large green.
Rockdoc

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good, I am more into pink so we can each get one, Gypsy! I am sure there are not too many people who have 10-12 carat colored diamonds...even JLo did not have one that big!

What size is Anna Kournikova's ring? Which, by the way, I think looks garish and fakey to me...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 2:14:57 AM
Author: diamondfan
Good, I am more into pink so we can each get one, Gypsy! I am sure there are not too many people who have 10-12 carat colored diamonds...even JLo did not have one that big!

I'll be honest with you... I was hoping you'd say that... cause I love blue! Sven's and mine bedroom will be blue-- Polar Sky Blue from Benjamin Moore (erm... my current bedroom is that color too... but never mind about that)-- except in silk wallcovering you understand... and I think mine would have to be a ... Harry Winston Cushion.

(Oh god... if I had silk walks... Cripes! I don't even want to IMAGINE what my cats would do to that. *shudder*)

ETA: Hate Anna's ring as well... maybe I'll stay in the 7-8 carat range... hmm.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2006 2:45:57 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 6/16/2006 10:53:14 AM
Author: Lorelei
As we Brits say that is probably a load of tripe. How many mil was Jlo''s pink HW Radiant from Ben Affleck??? And that was '' only'' 6 carats!
hey Brit GF
35.gif

is that the same as.... she''s full of S**T
20.gif
34.gif
Absolutely right my American boyfriend, only it is more polite!
16.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2006 2:22:25 AM
Author: Gypsy

(Oh god... if I had silk walks... Cripes! I don't even want to IMAGINE what my cats would do to that. *shudder*)
Gypsy as you persist on trying to steal Sven when DF promised him to ME - I am imagining BIGTIME your cats lacerating your silk covered walls!!! So there! AND gloating to boot!
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

HANS IS YOURS!!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 3:25:03 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 6/17/2006 2:22:25 AM
Author: Gypsy

Gypsy as you persist on trying to steal Sven when DF promised him to ME - I am imagining BIGTIME your cats lacerating your silk covered walls!!! So there! AND gloating to boot!
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

HANS IS YOURS!!!!!

Whoops! HANS! Right. Sorry... the thought of all that herring is scrambling my brains. LOL.

As for my cats... my demon cat... Hally... broke her third lamp in 12 months tonight. My dining set is all scratched up from my cat Noel sitting on it and freaking whenever Hally walks by (Hally picks on her)... my new berber carpet is showing pulls from Duncan 'forgetting' to use his mat... and Frodo... you don't want to know what he did yesterday.

They are the light of my life... but. I can't have nice things. They don't last, and when they get destroyed I only get upset. DF got me a gorgeous jeweler box (and a ring to go in it) for my lawschool graduation... and Hally killed that too... it's got scratches MILES deep in it.

I have a Nain Persian Silk 10 x 8 rug that is still at my parents house because I just can't imagine the horrors it would be subjected to here.

Jewelryis the answer. Although Hally has a turquoise fixation. Don't ask. Needless to say I still can't find one of my favorite earrings.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girls, if you continue to fight about Hans and Lars I will not be happy! Plenty of herring to go around (gag) so no need to tussle!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 3:16:48 AM
Author: Mrs Darlin Joy
If anyone is interested ...

You can get 10 - 12 ct''s from

''House of Joy''

for about $5.00/USD

Great quality ...

Good quality and good FOR you...love those ORANGE diamonds...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2006 1:40:05 AM
Author: diamondfan
Girls, if you continue to fight about Hans and Lars I will not be happy! Plenty of herring to go around (gag) so no need to tussle!
sniff.....
5.gif
sulking now....
15.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hans and Lars are nothing compared to these fellows! (This picture is by somebody named "Gitsie".)

keef.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
those are fine specimens of mankind, Lars and company cannot BEGIN to compete with the likes of them, sadly...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I could be wrong - but I would imagine a 12 carat pink stone from Harry Winston''s would have a name & we would all hear about it. That is one RARE stone.

kittie

Rough_Rock
Last weekend, my boyfriend and I were trying on rings at Tiffany''s for ideas on settings, and since I am interested in an oval they showed me the only one they had in stock....a .8ct bezel set pink diamond. The price tag- $475,000!

The best part was they didn''t even make us go in the back room, they just put in on my hand like it was nothing. My sweet boyfriend goes, "well, that''s nice, but why would you want pink??" When the salesman looked away I pointed at the price tag and my boyfriend choked! Then he says, "what in the world, you could have a 15 ct diamond for that!!".

I definitely agree. I think the lady was crazy/bragging/obnoxious.
20.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
20.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/20.gif" border="0">

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Just curious...was the woman wearing this fabled 12ct pink diamond when you saw her in the meeting, or did it appear AFTER she saw YOUR gorgeous ring???

dkodner

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I''m usually just a lurker, but I had to throw my 2 cents in here while I am eating lunch....o)
It is really not that unusual that a woman in New York could have a 12 carat pink. There are more of those sold than most would think (not that it is not extremely rare and expensive). That does not mean it was a great pink, even if it came from Winstons. They sell plenty of light and very light pinks, and even brownish pinks, and with the right metal, can make them look very pink. This was probably the case if it was indeed real in the first place. If it was and intense or vivid, it might have a name and some history behind it, but if it was a fancy or light, or even some brown undertones, than it would most likely not be famous. She sounds like maybe she married into money (hence the showing it off), and as the saying goes.....money cannot buy class....o) just my 2 cents for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results