shape
carat
color
clarity

Harry Winston Inspired Halo micropaved (Yoni)

07wrxwhite

Rough_Rock
I was looking into this setting from Yoni. My budget is around $6500. I am looking into Cushion Cut/Round Cut micro paved halos. I keep going back to this setting, but the price is kind of steep ($2850). It is a beautiful ring and I believe I could source a 1 carat diamond. I want something that will blind her with sparkle!. Please let me know what you think of this setting and what you would recommend for a diamond. Also anyone with insight on this company and pictures of there work would help!!

http://www.eternitybyyoni.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Harry-Winston-Inspired-Halo-Ring-530.htm#

Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A handforged pave setting will be close to $5k, so Yoni's prices are low in comparison. I have not personally seen a ring by them, but I think a few people here have had rings made there. But I would caution you on that particular style. It is three sided pave on the shank and that does not work well with a wedding band. I also really do not like the look of the diamonds on the side of the halo. Pave is very easy to lose when a ring is whacked against something accidentally, and I would not want that much pave on a ring.

I would recommend this one in platinum instead:

http://www.eternitybyyoni.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Harry-Winston-Inspired-Halo-Ring-529.htm

I would ask for them not to put diamonds on the little doughnut area that sticks out from the shank. That will scratch the wedding band.

You will not be able to get a 1 ct diamond for the remaining $4000. You want GIA Excellent cut, and I certainly would not go lower than I or J color when putting the stone in a halo. So you'll be looking in the .90-.95 ct range around I SI1. I'd try for I color in order to not see the contrast as much with the halo stones.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
With your budget I might recommend getting a solitaire setting and spending your max budget on the diamond itself... You can always upgrade the setting down the road. I agree with Diamonseeker, Yoni's price is very competitive compared to many of the other popular vendors on this board for a similar setting. The majority of vendors who handforge this design are in the $5k+ range for the setting alone. Good luck! post your specs and budget on RockyTalky, there are many knowledgeable posters who would be happy to help you find the right stone. Your search should begin by looking for the stone first... Hope that helps! :wavey:

ETA- Try contacting ERD, they will be able to help you and are wonderful to work with! I found my 2.5 Antique Cushion through them and couldn't have been happier with the experience. Additionally, ERD works with CAD, so his prices on settings are often times a bit lower than some of the other popular vendors on here... Although, I will be honest, I don't believe his prices are lower than Yoni's for Pave. Regardless, I recommend Mark at ERD, as he is very patient, honest and wonderful at educating his consumers.

07wrxwhite

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1406430144|3721268 said:
A handforged pave setting will be close to $5k, so Yoni's prices are low in comparison. I have not personally seen a ring by them, but I think a few people here have had rings made there. But I would caution you on that particular style. It is three sided pave on the shank and that does not work well with a wedding band. I also really do not like the look of the diamonds on the side of the halo. Pave is very easy to lose when a ring is whacked against something accidentally, and I would not want that much pave on a ring.

I would recommend this one in platinum instead:

http://www.eternitybyyoni.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Harry-Winston-Inspired-Halo-Ring-529.htm

I would ask for them not to put diamonds on the little doughnut area that sticks out from the shank. That will scratch the wedding band.

You will not be able to get a 1 ct diamond for the remaining $4000. You want GIA Excellent cut, and I certainly would not go lower than I or J color when putting the stone in a halo. So you'll be looking in the .90-.95 ct range around I SI1. I'd try for I color in order to not see the contrast as much with the halo stones.

Thanks for the advice! I had no clue that the paved diamonds were that fragile! That other setting is really nice as well! For some reason my girlfriend finds the paved looked around the halo and band to be the most attractive.

07wrxwhite

Rough_Rock
TruLuv858|1406431516|3721281 said:
With your budget I might recommend getting a solitaire setting and spending your max budget on the diamond itself... You can always upgrade the setting down the road. I agree with Diamonseeker, Yoni's price is very competitive compared to many of the other popular vendors on this board for a similar setting. The majority of vendors who handforge this design are in the $5k+ range for the setting alone. Good luck! post your specs and budget on RockyTalky, there are many knowledgeable posters who would be happy to help you find the right stone. Your search should begin by looking for the stone first... Hope that helps! :wavey:

ETA- Try contacting ERD, they will be able to help you and are wonderful to work with! I found my 2.5 Antique Cushion through them and couldn't have been happier with the experience. Additionally, ERD works with CAD, so his prices on settings are often times a bit lower than some of the other popular vendors on here... Although, I will be honest, I don't believe his prices are lower than Yoni's for Pave. Regardless, I recommend Mark at ERD, as he is very patient, honest and wonderful at educating his consumers.

Thanks for the advice! It makes sense to buy a solitaire now and upgrading later. But I know she is deadset on a cushion cut halo and I wouldn't want to propose to her without her dream ring (that's in budget of course :twirl: !)

I've read many great things about Mark T at erd. I wonder if he could come up with something beautiful within my price range.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
How about a cushion halo with a plain shank? That is a beautiful look and still very blingy, but you would be able to put more of your budget towards the center stone.

Center stone here is an asscher but gives you an idea

layla_20steven_20reset_20close_20up_0.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Petrock, It's mine. :wavey: Thank you for your kind comments. Steven Kirsch did my halo.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I can totally appreciate that you want to get her, her dream ring! I think Petrock's idea is a great one- Halo the stone and leave the shank plain- This will save you money on melee. I also think Mark will be able to help you find what you are looking for. He is an expert in finding cushion's! He found mine :) I have mine in a solitaire flanked by 2 bullets (you can see it in my profile), but I am in the process of beginning my reset- a Halo, naturally! You came to the right place, everyone here is happy to help! Just let Mark know your budget parameters and he will work with you- keep us posted!

07wrxwhite

Rough_Rock
petrock<3|1406443630|3721365 said:
How about a cushion halo with a plain shank? That is a beautiful look and still very blingy, but you would be able to put more of your budget towards the center stone.

Center stone here is an asscher but gives you an idea

I like that look alot! Thanks for the idea. I could picture a plain shank with a squareish halo and a round or cushion cut ring in the center would be amazing!

07wrxwhite

Rough_Rock
TruLuv858|1406462417|3721397 said:
I can totally appreciate that you want to get her, her dream ring! I think Petrock's idea is a great one- Halo the stone and leave the shank plain- This will save you money on melee. I also think Mark will be able to help you find what you are looking for. He is an expert in finding cushion's! He found mine :) I have mine in a solitaire flanked by 2 bullets (you can see it in my profile), but I am in the process of beginning my reset- a Halo, naturally! You came to the right place, everyone here is happy to help! Just let Mark know your budget parameters and he will work with you- keep us posted!

Thank you! I'm leaning more towards that direction of talking to Mark. But custom work scares me alittle because I don't have that big of a budget and want the most for my money. Im hoping for atleast a carat for the center. I just want it to put a smile on her face when she looks at it or shows it off. :think:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly- custom work sounds intimidating, but often times can be a much better value! My engagment ring is custom (and I'm in the process of starting another piece), but I have a Tiffany and Company wedding band that I paid nearly $3700 for,I could have easily spent about half that had I gone custom. I paid for the name. I adore it and wouldn't change it, but I could have gotten a much better value had I gone custom. Do not let the word "custom," intimidate you! Mark is super down to earth...There are other great vendors on here too- I don't have direct experience with Yoni, but if you do a search for him, I'm pretty sure I have read that his customers have been pretty pleased with the experience.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1406443968|3721367 said:
Hi Petrock, It's mine. :wavey: Thank you for your kind comments. Steven Kirsch did my halo.

Sorry Gypsy! It is a stunner! Steven really does beautiful work.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
07wrxwhite|1406471851|3721458 said:
TruLuv858|1406462417|3721397 said:

Thank you! I'm leaning more towards that direction of talking to Mark. But custom work scares me alittle because I don't have that big of a budget and want the most for my money. Im hoping for atleast a carat for the center. I just want it to put a smile on her face when she looks at it or shows it off. :think:

I used ERD (Chris) and I am still very pleased with the result. Here is my round halo - I have pave on the shank that goes 3/4 of the way around and no pave on the stems (on the underneath from the donut to the halo).

10259969_10203204777895956_750586997472434522_7.jpg

07wrxwhite

Rough_Rock
Just asked ERD for a quote with a couple pictures. :Up_to_something:

plainband_0.jpg

harrywinstonlowprofile_1.jpg

roundcenter.jpg

erdmarktring.jpg

I'm excited, but also a little nervous about this whole experience. Shopping for a ring is more difficult then I thought! :read:

Coral78

Rough_Rock
07wrxwhite|1406413475|3721170 said:
I was looking into this setting from Yoni. My budget is around $6500. I am looking into Cushion Cut/Round Cut micro paved halos. I keep going back to this setting, but the price is kind of steep ($2850). It is a beautiful ring and I believe I could source a 1 carat diamond. I want something that will blind her with sparkle!. Please let me know what you think of this setting and what you would recommend for a diamond. Also anyone with insight on this company and pictures of there work would help!!

http://www.eternitybyyoni.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Harry-Winston-Inspired-Halo-Ring-530.htm#

Thanks!

Hello 07wrxwhite I am planning to get this Harry-Winston inspired Halo Ring http://www.eternitybyyoni.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Madison-Cushion-Halo-Ring-With-Round-Center-Stone-528.htm#

What did you end up getting?

Thanks,
Coral

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results