shape
carat
color
clarity

Hand made settings - Dtown LA?

London

Shiny_Rock
Besides Victor Canera is there anyone else in Downtown LA that does completely hand forged settings?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check with Maytal Hannah. Her site seems to be down at the moment, but she also has a FB page.

London

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1398352436|3659137 said:
Check with Maytal Hannah. Her site seems to be down at the moment, but she also has a FB page.

Thank you Diamondseeker! Will do.

London

Shiny_Rock
luvsdmb|1398352694|3659144 said:
http://www.simoneandson.com/contactus.asp

Thank you luvsdmb. From what I can tell from their website their pieces are not hand made.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Victor Canera is in LA and does hand forged settings.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
London|1398353223|3659149 said:

Thank you luvsdmb. From what I can tell from their website their pieces are not hand made.

Shant is very nice, I would contact him and let him know what you want. It's worth a shot :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Singlestone is in LA.
And Jewels by Grace I believe.

What design are you looking for? As that will determine (together with budget) who you can best contact.

LindyLoooo

Rough_Rock
David Klass can do hand forged too, "David Klass Jewelry" on facebook but I think those pictures are a mix of all of his work. Single stone is great also. So many sparkly options :bigsmile:

Roqsteady

Shiny_Rock
LindyLoooo|1398355875|3659180 said:
David Klass can do hand forged too, "David Klass Jewelry" on facebook but I think those pictures are a mix of all of his work. Single stone is great also. So many sparkly options :bigsmile:

Really? I thought he only does CAD/cast work

LindyLoooo

Rough_Rock
He made a hand forged piece for a friend of mine, gorgeous! I have no pics though, she stubbornly doesn't realize the importance of taking pictures of her jewelry and sending them to me! ;-) She's in Cali and I'm in NYC, otherwise I would march over there.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
London said:
London, you would be right. Simone and Son are one of the first I went to see when I was initially trying to get my rings done locally. Shant is very nice, and very busy. He does not do hand-forged work.

I also spoke to Victor Canera, also very nice, and very busy. He does do hand-forged work but expect to pay a very pretty penny for his work and wait quite a while for it too. I just couldn't see spending 50% of what I was spending for my stone on the setting for the ER alone with no side stones included. And to be honest, when I balked at his initial ballpark quote, he did nothing to try to keep my business, which I suppose confirms that he is very busy. I had a very similar experience with Leon Mege. Remember I told you I made the rounds? :cheeky:

I personally prefer to work with someone who does want my business, and I found that - just not locally.

London

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your responses!

Acinom|1398354804|3659164 said:
Singlestone is in LA.
And Jewels by Grace I believe.

What design are you looking for? As that will determine (together with budget) who you can best contact.

I guess I should have posted earlier what style I'm going for... I'm looking for someone that does platinum simple wire pieces by hand. Both for earrings and rings. This is a picture of what I mean when I say simple plat hand done wire setting. Also someone that wont charge me an arm and a leg! :)

photo__1__17.jpg

photo_200.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would probably personally use Maytal for something like that. She does handforged,but her prices usually aren't as high as Victor. I cannot blame Victor for sticking to his prices. His pave is superior and people are willing to pay for it, so he has no need to reduce prices to get work.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mark Broumand does CADs and hand forging http://www.markbroumand.com/ I have two pieces by him and they're awesome. I've seen the bezel work too and it's pretty damned awesome.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1398364048|3659267 said:
I cannot blame Victor for sticking to his prices. His pave is superior and people are willing to pay for it, so he has no need to reduce prices to get work.
I don't blame him at all. The whole purpose of being in business is to make money. But I didn't want pave, I simply wanted hand-forged - not the same type of detailed work for the same amount of money....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results