shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo Ring - what size diamonds in halo and shank?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

est

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone -

I am new to PS and just wanted to get your thoughts on a ring that I''m having designed. (There''s a lot of great info on PS, so I thought you all would have some good input.)

I''m having a halo ring designed and it''ll be similar to either the Tiffany Legacy or the Harry Winston cushion pave. My stone/ring will be round (1.5ct center stone), but you get the idea. Anyway, I think I have a slight preference for the HW b/c it looks like it''s got shared prong diamonds in the halo and shank. I really like that look and thought I could wear an eternity band w/it as my wedding band.

I think the actual HW uses 1.5 - 2 pointers in the halo and shank. I was thinking about using 4 pointers. Would this look ridiculous? I don''t want the diamonds in the halo and shank to overpower the center stone... What do you think?

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Welcome to PS!!!! Angelainjapan has the Harry Winston Cushion Pave' e-ring...Here is a pic and a link to her thread to give you a better idea as to how the diamonds are set...

Harry Winston Cushion Pave'

angelainjapancushion124.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2006 1:55:26 PM
Author:est

I think the actual HW uses 1.5 - 2 pointers in the halo and shank. I was thinking about using 4 pointers. Would this look ridiculous? I don''t want the diamonds in the halo and shank to overpower the center stone... What do you think?

Ummmm...yes, I think it would look....ill proportioned, shall we say.
12.gif
Maybe 4 pointers would work in the band but they would be too large for the halo, IMO. You could mix and put larger stones in the band and smaller ones in the halo, but I wouldn''t even do that, if it were my ring. I would probably get a 4 pointer eternity band if you were set on the look...but I wouldn''t use stones that large in a halo, especially for a 1.5 ct round stone.

My pear is 1.5 ct and my halo has stones half as big as you''re contemplating. You will lose focus on the center stone if you use 4 pointers for a 1.5 ct stone halo.

est

Rough_Rock
bling*diva* and FireGoddess -

Thanks for your responses! I think I''ll have the ring done with 2 pointers (prong-set) on the halo and shank. I''m glad I asked this question before getting the ring made...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results