shape
carat
color
clarity

HALO question, how to describe what i want to a jeweler.

cherij0411

Shiny_Rock
HI

I have been thinking about putting a halo around my emerald cut. I have been doing a lot of research and have come across pictures of halos that I really do not like the look of and others that I love. I have attached pictures of both (the 1st show the ones I love). I know I want the least amount of metal showing and I want the halo to stand out and add add finger coverage and bling!! I also dont want it to overwhelm the center stone which is 1.53 cts, Length to width ratio about 1.5.

How do I convey to a jeweler the look I am going for? Simply send pictures? Is the difference in the pictures that I have attached just the metal showing, or workmanship or size of diamonds used?

Thanks
Cheri

love.png

love1.png

dont_like.png

dontlike.png

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You do not like bright cut pave. That is the last photos - almost like a channel setting. What you'll want to ask for is V cut or cutdown pave. You can google these 2 to get many photos (closer up) to see the difference. There are still vcut pave that has alot of metal showing, but in a different way than brightcut, and this is more of a workmanship issue.

I hope some others can help out with a good pt size for the halo stones to get the look you want to achieve.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you want a new halo setting? I strongly advise you to only consider ring makers who are known to make high quality pave halo rings and then all you have to tell them is that you want it made like whichever one you like on their site. I'd use Victor Canera for the very best, and if that is out of budget, then Brilliantly Engaged which is also very nice.

cherij0411

Shiny_Rock
I contacted the owner of the ring in the 1st pic and her ring was made by David Klass, so I have contacted him so far.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results