shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo Question: Full cuts? Single cuts? Please help!

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I'm finally getting my 4.46 OMC set! Yay! The setting is a Harry Winston inspired halo. The diamond is an L/M in color. For the halo and shank I wanted single cuts in I/J color, mostly because I thought the sparkle would be similar to the OMC and the color difference won't be a stark contrast. But I just found out that single cuts don't come in anything but F/G--and I'm afraid the color difference will be very noticeable and that will drive me nutty. So my options are:

1. Full cuts in I/ J color.

or

2. Single cuts in F/G.

Please help-- I don't know which one will look better. Thanks for your help!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go for the single cuts to keep with the style/era of the stones and I really like the contrast between white and tinted, so I'm no help!!

But my vote- single cuts! :bigsmile:

Ozgirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
Enerchi|1354545878|3321254 said:
I would go for the single cuts to keep with the style/era of the stones and I really like the contrast between white and tinted, so I'm no help!!

I love the contrast of F/G against L/M - and think the single cut will go better with the OMC so definitely option 2 :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ozgirl|1354546295|3321258 said:
Enerchi|1354545878|3321254 said:

I love the contrast of F/G against L/M - and think the single cut will go better with the OMC so definitely option 2 :appl:

This would also by my vote.

Have you looked in the Show my your M and under diamonds? There are a few people who haloed them with F/G melee and I was surprised with how much I loved the look. I know your diamond is that low in color, so the contrast won't be as much, but I still think it will be gorgeous!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd go for full cuts.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy said:
I'd go for full cuts.

Ditto Gypsy. When I asked Erica if I should use single or full cuts for the Bella... she highly suggested going with full cuts. She showed me the difference in her own bella halo between using single and full cuts. Her bella with the full cuts looked immensely better than with the single cuts.

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
Yep, I was faced with exactly the same choice for my halo (O/P OMB), and in the end I went for the lower coloured full cuts. Haven't regretted the decision at all. I was attracted to the single cuts because they were more true to the feel of the centre stone, but in the end the full cuts complemented it better.

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for your thoughts, Ladies. I thought that once I selected a setting that would be it, just sit back and wait for it to arrive. Not so though, this is just one of many decisions to be made.

Gypsy, that cat of yours cracks me up! The Santa hat is too cute!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
MyDiamondSparkles|1354668746|3322691 said:
Thank you so much for your thoughts, Ladies. I thought that once I selected a setting that would be it, just sit back and wait for it to arrive. Not so though, this is just one of many decisions to be made.

Gypsy, that cat of yours cracks me up! The Santa hat is too cute!

I know what you mean! It just seems so easy when you read someone's thread... but when it's *YOUR* ring, it is so much harder!! :lol: Good luck with your decisions... how is that coming along? any preference?

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I am fairly certain I would dislike a difference in color. I tend to want to go with the brilliants as they are lower in color, but before this I was set on single cuts as I wanted them to kind of blend in with the sparkle of the OMB. Now I am rethinking. I can make a decision in 2 seconds, if I can see it in person, but that's not an option so I am trying to visualize it and I am no good at that. Hmmmm.....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results