shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo melee size.

heyyoumob

Rough_Rock
Was reading in another thread, and didn't want to hijack.

Gypsy, I see in a few threads you recommend a half pointer to 3/4 point halo for a 1.0 carat centre.
3/4 point is about 1.12mm?
I've ERD making mine as we speak. It's got 1.2mm halo, around a 6x6 cushion. Should I have them reduce the halo size a bit or will the extra .08mm in the melee not be too noticeable?
They've been very patient with me, and don't want to have them change it if it will make little difference.
and it may be too late anyway!
They seem to think the 1.2mm melee is the correct size for the centre.
tprr4.jpg
tprr1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The halo size includes metal. So a 1.2 halo is going to have smaller melee than 1.2mm stones. I think your point size would actually probably be closer to the 3/4 pointers I suggested to the other poster.

But it is a good idea to check. Ask ERD what size melee they are using. If they are using larger melee, yes, if the look you are going for is the same as the one the other poster was looking for (I based my advice off the image they posted), then smaller melee is a good idea.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My stone is about the same size as a 1 carat cushion. I have a 1.09 carat asscher that measures about 5.9 square.

I have had two halos. One with one pointers. One with 1/2 pointers. I will post them so you can see the different yourself. 3/4 pointers would be between these two in size. One pointers on top. 1/2pointer on bottom.

Layla%20new%20halo%20closeup.jpg
Layla%20Steven%20Reset%20close%20up_0.jpg

close up:
Gypsy%20Close%20up%20Before.jpg
Gypsy%20Close%20Up%20Halo.jpg

And this is the picture that poster wanted to match the look of.

_23947.jpg

So you can you see why I recommended the point size I did? Honestly 1/2 pointers might have been more exact a match to the proportions of the image but, though I adore my 1/2 point halo, I find most people prefer one slightly less delicate than mine so they can eek out a little more finger coverage. ;))

It had to do with the picture he posted, not just the size of his stone. If you want a different look than that, then your melee size will be different. :wavey:

heyyoumob

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gypsy,
I've gone back through my emails, it's definitely a 1.2 mm melee. With 1.4mm melee in the shank.

I think I do prefer the 1/2 pointers to the 1 pointers in your two settings, however both are nice.
Every web site look at has a slightly different size range for a given weight.
Averaging out, I think that the 1.2mm is around 3/4 point, maybe a touch closer to 1 pt.
would that be correct?

I know your a fan of the the Mark T, so il be sure to upload a completed picture when it's done!

Chris at BE (ERD) has been great, and he knows I'm after as delicate and thin a setting as practical, and he's saying the 1.2mm is bang on what we want.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.3 is FULL one pointers. So 1.2 is going to be almost exactly like the first one above. If you want a different look, stop them and tell them you want smaller melee. This is the time to do it.

heyyoumob

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1416894275|3790053 said:
1.3 is FULL one pointers. So 1.2 is going to be almost exactly like the first one above. If you want a different look, stop them and tell them you want smaller melee. This is the time to do it.

The ring is at the setting stage, if not beyond.
Il call first thing in the morning, but I would have thought that it will be too late?
Or is it easy to change?

littleweight

Rough_Rock
Hey OP did you get an open cathedral look as posted in your two pictures? Do you have any more by chance you don't mind posting? I am interested and will most probably proceed with that look, thank you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's too late. I hope you love it and my concern was for nothing.

Gigglebox3000

Rough_Rock
I worked with Chris at ERD to have my Fiancees ring made. Its .9ct center with 1.1mm diamonds used in halo. I think your 1.2mm will look just fine.

nsh3.jpg

nsh1.jpg

unnamed_32.jpg

heyyoumob

Rough_Rock

alirov

Rough_Rock
Gigglebox3000|1416950228|3790413 said:
I worked with Chris at ERD to have my Fiancees ring made. Its .9ct center with 1.1mm diamonds used in halo. I think your 1.2mm will look just fine.

nsh3.jpg

nsh1.jpg

unnamed_32.jpg

I don't want to hijack this thread but if I may ask, how much did the setting cost? I'm currently looking for a similar setting and yours looks lovely. I was going to just private message you but I don't think Pricescope has a PM system (or I'm blind and can't find it).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prices change based on labor, metal and diamond costs. It is best to simply ask the vendor for a quote. With ERD/BE I suggest calling and following up after you send you email with the pictures.

Gigglebox3000

Rough_Rock
I would just send Chris/Mark at ERD a quick email...attach my picture if you wish and he will be able to give you a quote. There prices are VERY fair and work is outstanding.

heyyoumob

Rough_Rock
Ok, so ring finished!
I reckon the halo turned out just fine!
image_2650.jpg
image_2653.jpg

image_2651.jpg

Thanks all for the help!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES! You are right, it turned out fantastic.

Please post your photos of it in person.

I love that center stone.

littleweight

Rough_Rock
That ring looks great! I am excited for BE to get started on mine. How long was the production time on it? Thanks!

heyyoumob

Rough_Rock
Probably about two weeks from the go ahead from the CaD
theyre a great company to work with, answered all my stupid questions promptl and were patient with me changing my mind a few times etc.
couldn't reccomend them enough (although still haven't seen It in person, it's all looking promising)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results