shape
carat
color
clarity

Had my eternity ring redone and now it is too tight….

ma2014

Rough_Rock
Dear All,

I got an eternity ring done but it ended too big. I made the mistake to have my finger measured 2 months after giving birth so for the time I picked the ring up - 4 months later - it felt big.
It was a size M - 53.5.
Two years later - last week -I got it completely redone. I went to see the same jeweller and she had already made a new platinum frame (she guessed I was a size L) So in 24hrs she transferred the 20 diamonds (each diamond 3mm big) to the new frame closing all the gaps left. When I tried this new platinum frame it felt a bit tight in the knuckle. If I do not push it I can not get the ring in. Same to take it out: I really have to work on it to get it out to the point that the knuckle hurts. Right now it is all red and painful from yesterday. Worst scenario I can always take it out with soap and cold water.
London was hot the other day and we are in summer now. I know that in winter my hands get really thin so I am hoping that the ring will be very easy to put it in and take it out then? Not sure as the knuckle is mainly bone…
I am freaking out that it gets stuck and I have to end in ER having my ring cut off.
She mentioned something about reducing the inside of it to make it tiny bigger… Is it possible to do that without damaging the diamonds?
Sending photos soon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've heard people here say that the inside of a ring can be shaved down slightly.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
The band looks thick and tight, so if there is room to shave it down I would because that doesn't look comfy. sorry. hugs and good luck!

ma2014

Rough_Rock
I sent her the photos and she said so: she will take a little bit out from the inside.
This ring is becoming a nightmare...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results