carat
color
clarity

H color with brownish tint

f22cb9

Rough_Rock

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Depending on the setting, it shouldn't be an issue. However, I think that, if you wanted to work with the tint, rose gold would be delightful, if it looks good with the wearer's skin tone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have the gemologist tell you if it is something that is a result of the video set up, or if the stone really does have a brownish tint. What you are seeing could be any given reflection or issue with the lighting. The gemologist will be honest with you and tell you if it is the stone.

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Hi OP, I think the brownish tint is referring to body color (something Jonathan at GOG has done a video on). Some pp have said they prefer this tint type. It can effect value so are you getting a better price (like flouro can)?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
luvdajules said:
Hi OP, I think the brownish tint is referring to body color (something Jonathan at GOG has done a video on). Some pp have said they prefer this tint type. It can effect value so are you getting a better price (like flouro can)?

Bingo - I love brownish tint and actually tend to look for it. Because diamonds are graded face-down from the side, brown-tinted diamonds receive lower grades, but tend to face up steelier than their yellow-tinted warm counterparts. Cost-effective and visually appealing (at least for me). Win-win!

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! I like the pink hue, but unless I was sourcing a fancy colored stone, I don't know that I'd pay the premium for an H, and see that tint of color, any color. I'm sure the gemologist can give you insight.

Very pretty stone-- good luck!

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
So, just for fun, I'll throw out that there is a Ritani 2.5 ct L color Si1 with brown tint modifier for $12k! Makes anyone take pause? The cut is only VG but still, lol. I'm sure it's pretty and big!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strange.
The warm tint is quite strong but GIA graded it H.
I'd JA if that's the right stone or there is some mix up.

It can't be the white-balance of the camera not matching the light source because I see no similar warm tint in the background.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1407861090|3730924 said:
Strange.
The warm tint is quite strong but GIA graded it H.
I'd JA if that's the right stone or there is some mix up.

It can't be the white-balance of the camera not matching the light source because I see no similar warm tint in the background.

Agree. I can see the tint and I am not very color sensitive. Very dark looking H.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
First, the diamond is REALLY blown up. Please keep in mind you are taking about something the size of a pencil eraser. Second, you cannot tell color from a video. Have the gemologist look at it. There's no point in speculation when the reality is you can just have a gemologist pull it and tell you what is actually going on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results