shape
carat
color
clarity

H center stone in G colored halo?

rr888

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased an H 1.5ct round brilliant, and I am planning to have it set in a designer halo setting. I just found out that the designer I'm working with only uses G colored stones in the setting. Do you think having an H center stone in a G halo is a problem? Will it make the center stone look warm, or will the difference even be noticeable?

Thanks.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shouldn't be an issue, especially if the center stone is well cut.

natemc21

Rough_Rock
This is the exact scenario I am contemplating. I was originally trying to get an E or F colored center stone but am now looking at H color ACA diamonds from whiteflash, compromising some on color for cut. My halo is all G VS2 stones and I don't want the center stone to look warmer or any less brilliant due to this difference.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
natemc21|1395426787|3638912 said:
This is the exact scenario I am contemplating. I was originally trying to get an E or F colored center stone but am now looking at H color ACA diamonds from whiteflash, compromising some on color for cut. My halo is all G VS2 stones and I don't want the center stone to look warmer or any less brilliant due to this difference.

You shouldn't notice a dramatic difference in one color grade, as long as both are graded by GIA/AGS.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Assuming they are graded by GIA/AGS, you won't be able to tell. I have a larger J set in G/H halo, and I see no difference at all. The smaller diamonds in the halo may appear whiter/brighter, but it's because of the tiny facets. It would look this way even if your stone was a G or better... :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results