shape
carat
color
clarity

green flour?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
I got my uv light today in the mail. The flour was a sea green color rather than blue! Anyone ever heard of this?

Mabey thats why it was such a good price. It was close to blue, but I would really say sea green. I have never seen a diamond floures this color before.

Jensia

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
2Color_5.jpg

The really bright one on the right looks to me a bit green is this what you meant? If so it might be a cuase for concern, "Fluorescence other than blue should be avoided unless it exists in a fancy colored diamond of the same color." Color Tutorial on WF

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
It looks the one the left of it . A blue green i guess. I have to say it does not affect my diamonds appearence for the most part, but it does look very WHITE in bright sunlight. I knew there had to be something. I got the H vs1 for 3600 and could not figure out why. Great, cut, hearts and arrows etc. In a way Im relieved to finaly figure out why it was priced cheaper,lol My diamond looks great and I couldnt be happier, I just thought that was so wierd :)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I would not worry about it, perhaps an expert will chime in and tell us why it is an issue to have it fluoresce in a color other then blue. But as long as you are happy with your diamond that is all that matters.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
The bright diamond in that photo is actually a very strong yellow. The picture is shows a variety of fluorescent colors and intensities, but the actual colors may not appear on your monitor as they do in reality.

As for your sea-green fluoro, Jensia, it's nothing to worry about if it’s not affecting your stone in any negative manner in natural views, like in sunlight. It sounds like you have a unique stone – enjoy it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2006 6:53:46 PM
Author:Jensia

The flour was a sea green color rather than blue!

30.gif

IMO, whatever color the fluorecscence is adds a very, very slight tint to the stone when it is turned on. below ''strong'' this shade is likely too faint to be visible.

This logic makes yellow fluorescence a bad guy ... not much else.

I am not sure what you were seeing - the color of mild fluorescence may be difficult to observe. But if it was blue-green, you were lucky - there are not many non-blue.

Btw. take a look on the page before last on THIS
10.gif

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
I wish I could take a picture. I turn the light out and put the uv on , but the camera only picks up a flash from the light.

It is defintly blue green. The report says slight flour, but it looks stronger to me. Very unique thoug:) It does not affect my diamonds appearence for the most part, so I am happy with it. And now it even seems a little more unique:)

ndnyhagen

Rough_Rock
Jensia,
Can you recommend a good resource for a UV penlight or keychain?
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results