shape
carat
color
clarity

Graff or Harry Winston?

missladuree

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Both brands are at the pinnacle of high end jewelry. But, which in your opinion is more prestigious and exclusive and why? Or do you think they're pretty much the same?

I'm curious to know other people's perception of both brands. :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a hard question to ask this kind of forum. As a whole, this website prides itself on finding top quality and not overpaying for it. That usually means "name brand" jewelry isnt as sought after as it might be in the general public.

With that said, its also a forum of jewelry enthusiasts, so they are quite probably more aware of these brands than the general public

I personally thing Graff would be held in higher regard in my mind (depending on design), BUT, to most people, a HW is more well known, and therefore more desired than a Graff, which less people know.

However, i think for most Americans (which I am, but you I dont now :) ), the most coveted ring is the one with the nicest and largest diamond. Usually thats achieved by forgoing brand names that command a premium just for the name. Consider how the ring is viewed. People dont see the name, they see the ring.

missladuree

Rough_Rock
That's true. Hardly anybody I know even knows or heard of Graff. Which I guess adds more to their exclusivity?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missladuree|1409498209|3742433 said:
That's true. Hardly anybody I know even knows or heard of Graff. Which I guess adds more to their exclusivity?
Maybe. But then again are you buying the brand name for yourself or so people are impressed by it?

Either is fine, but if you want people to be impressed by the brand name, you'd probably want people to know it to actually be impressed.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People more 'in the know' will rate Graff over the household-name HW.
But people really in the know would not overspend at either store.

missladuree

Rough_Rock
Niel|1409502185|3742473 said:
missladuree|1409498209|3742433 said:
Maybe. But then again are you buying the brand name for yourself or so people are impressed by it?

Either is fine, but if you want people to be impressed by the brand name, you'd probably want people to know it to actually be impressed.

Both. Lol. Don't judge!! :)

As someone mentioned, not people in the know would know of graff. But it's not like I have friends who are "in the know". Lol!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1409506674|3742511 said:

Being in the UK and lived in London for a number of years, I am naturally bias towards Graff.

So true about not overspending on brand names, whether it is for diamonds or other jewellery.

DK :))

Lookinghard

Rough_Rock
Where does Lazare Kaplan land in terms of prestige and exclusivity? Does it even compare to Graff or HW?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1409520194|3742610 said:
kenny|1409506674|3742511 said:

Being in the UK ... I am naturally bias towards Graff.

So true about not overspending on brand names, whether it is for diamonds or other jewellery or anything else!.

DK :))
+1! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results