shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my Idealscope! Pics of My Steep/Deep (From Freaking Out HCA Fair Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jgny

Shiny_Rock
Original thread here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/freaking-out-hca-came-back-as-fair.130388/

and update here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/update-on-freaking-out-thread-aka-help-me-search-for-my-3-ct.133458/

So, as I try to get myself more educated on diamonds, I bought an Ideal-Scope (+ light + magnifier) and I was so excited when I got the Ideal-Scope today that I went and took pics, of both my original engagement ring and my leaky upgrade. Please excuse my poor pic taking skills, I tried to get the best pics I could but on some of them I had to use the macro lens to get it to focus correctly.

Below are actual pics followed by IS images.

1) Original E-ring

Meas: 7.93 - 7.97 x 4.91 mm
Weight: 1.92 carat
Depth: 61.8%
Table: 59%
Girdle: Thin to Thick, Faceted
Culet: Very Small
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity: VS1
Color Grade: F
Fluorescence: None

Can''t run through HCA as it is an older GIA report, and I do not have crown. pavilion or culet %

Picture of the ring:

3ct%20UG%20Current%20Ring.jpg

Idealscope 1:

jgny52ct.JPG

jgny

Shiny_Rock
This is the 3 Ct steep/deep, which I will be exchanging.

Meas: 9.09 - 9.17 x 5.71 mm
Weight: 3.01 carat
Depth: 61.8%
Table: 62.5%
Girdle: Thin to Thick, Faceted
Culet: Very Small
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity: VS1
Color Grade: F
Cut Grade: Good
Fluorescence: Faint

HCA:

Factor Grade
Light Return Good
Fire Poor
Scintillation Poor
Spread or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 6.8 - Fair

Pics:

3%20ct%20pic%205.JPG

3%20ct%20pic%207.JPG

Ideal-Scope 1:

jgny23ct.JPG

jgny

Shiny_Rock
Painfully obvious why this is only (barely?) a good cut. I can see a ton of light loss, not only the ring of death but also the outside edges. Would love to hear comments from my fellow PSers about other things I should be looking for in an IS image. For the mounted ring, I assume that the reason I am not seeing as much light leakage is that it is on a setting. Curious as to how to evaluate the cut of the current ring versus the unmounted diamond. Any suggestions? The IS images most rsembles the "too shallow" image on the guide, but I think I am making the wrong conclusion b/s of the effect of the setting.

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya, the 3c totally suck. :razz:

With the original ring, I think it may be positioned too inside of the scope and get more light in the back.

Try this. Place the camera lens up, set the IS on top of the lens, then put a clear pane/sheet of glass or plastic over the IS and then place the ring table down on the sheet and take pics.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yukky image on the 3 ct. Shows why an idealscope can weed out bad stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results