shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Price for diamond wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bluepetal

Rough_Rock
Getting married May 14th!

Is this a good deal? I can''t find anywhere on the web that I can search to compare.

Diamond Eternity band shared prong. Total weight 7.21 (.50 each stone) 14 stones (I am size 6) G VS2-VS2 clarity. 15,000?

Thanks

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
No clue about the price but wow, that''s one huge band. I wonder if it would be comfortable to wear.

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
bluepetal,

The diamonds are worth no less than $1200-$1400 each assuming they are true G-VS2 or better in quality and have GIA papers. No GIA papers and they are still worth $1000 each.

For a master craftsman to invest the time and detail into picking and setting each one of those diamonds - add $1500-$2500 more.

Add up those numbers and $15,000 sounds very reasonable - maybe a even great!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try www.signedpieces.com, they have beautiful shared prong diamond eternity bands and their stones are VVS-VS1 clarity and F-G color. Much less than what you are looking at.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2005 8:20
6.gif
1 PM
Author: kaleigh
Try www.signedpieces.com, they have beautiful shared prong diamond eternity bands and their stones are VVS-VS1 clarity and F-G color. Much less than what you are looking at.

With all due respect, Kaleigh, the band that this poster is looking at is huge and we''ve have no experience here on Pricescope with anything but smaller eternity bands from them. They may or may not be able to match this price for a band of the same quality. But then again, I guess it doesn''t hurt to ask.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2005 8:34:11 AM
Author: Daniela

6.gif
1 PM

With all due respect, Kaleigh, the band that this poster is looking at is huge and we''ve have no experience here on Pricescope with anything but smaller eternity bands from them. They may or may not be able to match this price for a band of the same quality. But then again, I guess it doesn''t hurt to ask.

Signed Pieces has more bands than just the ones on their website. They are able to cusom make bands as well.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2005 8:39:13 AM
Author: sevens one
Date: 3/10/2005 8:34:11 AM

Author: Daniela

6.gif
1 PM

With all due respect, Kaleigh, the band that this poster is looking at is huge and we've have no experience here on Pricescope with anything but smaller eternity bands from them. They may or may not be able to match this price for a band of the same quality. But then again, I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Signed Pieces has more bands than just the ones on their website. They are able to cusom make bands as well.

Yeah, I hear you.
1.gif
I guess my point was that Kaleigh said that bands at Signed Pieces would cost less, which isn't necessarily true. It is impossible to speculate on how their prices would compare to the $15 000 since they do not have anything of the equivalent carat weight in an eternity band listed on their website. It certainly requires further investagation (but is worth pursuing, I might add).

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Would something like this be comfortable to wear? This would be 4-5 mm or more in height I would think.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daniela,
I was speaking in terms of personal experience in dealing with Signed Pieces. They will make whatever carat weight you want in an eternity band ring and generally ARE less expensive than other jewelers. This comes from my personal experience.

bluepetal

Rough_Rock
Hey guys thanks for the help!! The ring is identical to Jessica Simpson''s band for people who are wondering how big it is(and those who watch the show)!!

The ring looks so amazing! it is comfortable,at least for the 10 minutes I had it on my hand. I don''t think I will be able to wear my engagement ring with it. Signed pieces did not have anything that big on the site

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2005 10
6.gif
4:25 PM
Author: bluepetal
Hey guys thanks for the help!! The ring is identical to Jessica Simpson's band for people who are wondering how big it is(and those who watch the show)!!

The ring looks so amazing! it is comfortable,at least for the 10 minutes I had it on my hand. I don't think I will be able to wear my engagement ring with it. Signed pieces did not have anything that big on the site

No, Signed Pieces wouldn't have anything that large on their site. It would be a custom order, as was mentioned above, which means you would have to call them and ask. If you are happy with the quality of the band you have already picked out and you aren't into splitting hairs, it wouldn't be out of the question to just buy it. One expert has already offered their opinion that it is a fair deal. Whatever you end up buying, you absolutely must post pictures!
18.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
BluePetal; do you have a picture of your ering?

bluepetal

Rough_Rock
Hey there, I have a digital camera but have never posted photos of the ring. Should I post here or in the "show me the ring " section. It is a low setting.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
I received a diamond eternity band recently for a 10th anniv. For 3.6 total carat weight, 15 H color, SI1 stones set in platinum, DH paid $5500 (retail was $8200, I think). It is about 3mm wide. Seems like your ring price is good!

The ring I received from DH is (was-- it''s back in its box) so uncomfortable to wear that we are returning it.
8.gif
I became quickly used to the wideness between my fingers, but it pinched me, especially on the palm side of my finger. It had always been my "dream ring" for a 10th anniversary, but it turned out that it was not for me.

Make sure this ring is comfy before you buy it.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results