shape
carat
color
clarity

Good News for Burmese Jade and Ruby lovers

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As of Friday, October 7, the ban on the importation of Burmese Jade and Ruby has been lifted according to an announcement byu the U.S. Treasury department.

This is welcome news to those of us who love being able to pursue beautiful gems.

Wink

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have expensive taste in ruby colour and no other rubies seem the same to me. I like red red and not pink or orange. So like the pink diamonds I like, I won't be getting any. I seem to like the cheaper jade though apple green colour and think it is nephrite rather than jadeite. The cheaper one anyway.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wink|1476122507|4085359 said:
As of Friday, October 7, the ban on the importation of Burmese Jade and Ruby has been lifted according to an announcement byu the U.S. Treasury department.

This is welcome news to those of us who love being able to pursue beautiful gems.

Wink
Wink, what do you think the practical effect of this development will be?

Has it been difficult to find Burma jade and Burma rubies here in the US due to the ban? Will we see alot of new material coming into the US to satisfy pent up demand?

I've been mostly removed from the color business for many years and I am curious. I actually got into the jewelry business in the late 1970's through a jadeite mining venture (Guatemala). Gemstones were my original passion. :love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been going to the shows at Tucson for almost 20 years and there've always been Burma spinel and rubies for sale there. I believe several of the vendors were even selling the real thing :lol:

Seriously, it's always Caveat Emptor with colored gemstones---when the GIA advises extreme caution you know there's a problem.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results