shape
carat
color
clarity

good carat size for 4.25 size finger - xprong setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rough_Rock
OK so I totally swiped this picture from the Tiffany & Co website. anyway, I really love the vatche xprong setting.
love.gif
I have really small hands...my ring finger is 4.25. I''m trying to figure out what size diamond would sit in a size 4.25 xprong setting and achieve the same proportion as the Lucida pictured on tiffany''s website.

I have heard that for advertising purposes most rings pictured are about a size 6. I don''t think I will have a chance to go "try on" rings with my man because he wants it to be more of a surprise. I''m thinking that a .75 ct in a size 4.25 setting would be the mini version of the lovely tiffany pictured above. please help! any pictures and input would be GREATLY appreciated.
wavey.gif

PS in case the photo doesn''t attach right go to this URL to see my ideal look:

http://www.tiffany.com/expertise/default.asp?

jewelry_expertise.jpg

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
I think .75ct would look great! Not too small, not too big for your finger and hand size. I have (okay, I 'had' before I got pregnant) a size 5.5 finger and long fingers too and mine is a size .69ct and I think it looks great too - but if finances would have allowed I know a 1ct would have looked just as good. (snicker snicker)
Go try on a .75ct diamond ring and see what you think? You may even want a .85ct too.
Have fun!

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
I wear a size 6. The proportions of the ring in the picture (if it is a size 6) suggests approximately a 1 carat stone. It would measure about 6.5mm across where the internal diameter of my size 6 ring is 17mm. If you multiply the internal diameter of one of your size 4.5 rings by .38, that will give you the diameter of a stone that would be about the same ratio as the picture.

Rough_Rock
I got 5.7 when I do the math. Just out of curiousity where does the .38 come from? Any idea what carat size corresponds to a 5.7ish mm diameter? Thanks so much for your help!

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
The .38 comes from dividing the width of the diamond in the picture (approximate because the prongs hide the edges) by the inner diameter of the ring in the picture. And 5.7 is about a .7 carat diamond - mine is a .701, and it's dimensions are 5.75 x 5.77 x3.49. So your guess of .75 is a good one. Goodoldgold carries the DVatche settings and nice stones. I got my stone from Blue Nile, but they don't carry DVatche.

mouse

Rough_Rock
So is there a suggested diamond size for corresponding ring sizes? My better half has petite hands and I just placed an order for a size 2 3/4 e-ring. The stone I have in mind is .94ct RB. The jeweler let us try on a couple diamond sizes from .7-1ct but they were always mated to a size 6 setting.

Will diamonds appear bigger set than unset? Solitare settings make a difference? FYI... I'm getting the Simon G LP1031 e-ring.

Thanks,
Mouse

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Size is so subjective. The person starting this thread wanted the look of the ad, as it relates to her ring size. I don't know a single married woman (and I know many) who doesn't love the ring her husband bought for her, because he bought it. The ones who say no to a proposal have many reasons, and sometimes they use the stone size as one, but it is never the deciding one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results