shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Report Number vs Bar Scan Number

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alisak40

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a diamond that had a GIA certification that they gave to me along with the diamond. On the diamond girdle, the GIA Report number (9 digit number) is engraved on the diamond. It mentions that on the certification as well that it would be there. What I don''t understand is on the right side of the GIA report is has a 9 digit number with a barcode under it. The bar code number is not the same as the GIA Report number. What is the difference? Why wouldn''t they engrave the barcode number instead of this GIA Report number?

Thanks,
Cherie

alisak40

Rough_Rock
Does anyone see the two numbers on their GIA report? What is the barscan number to the right?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you attach a picture? Nothing is showing up. No one can respond until they know what you are talking about.

Literally anything can be inscribed on a girdle. It could be a GIA number, or a brand number, or any form of things, someone's name for all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results