shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA grades cut on princess diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

x8shockey0x

Rough_Rock
I was on the phone with a local jeweler today and I told her I was looking to get an AGS graded diamond because I have heard they are foremost in grading princess cuts at this point. (Is this true?) She told me the GIA grades cut now too, but as far as I know that is only for RB. I''m just interested in getting the best possible cut I can on a diamond, then going with VS clarity and maybe G-I color. I am seriously considering ACA diamonds right now, should I stick with them?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can use the AGA Cut Class grader to screen for cut quality right on Pricescope: https://www.pricescope.com/fancy.asp

This grader won''t give you predicted performance data, but deals primarily with craftsmanship which leads to usually a very good correlation to performance since cutters make every effort to cut high grade material to a very good visual appeal level. AGS0 princess cuts do perform well, but are an unusual form of a princess cut. They have very specific facets\ing and angles which AGS decided was to be their model. It is a limiting factor for the cutter and for the general cutting of this shape. It isn''t a bad cut by any means, but it is not a standard cut found everywhere. It is almost like a Branded cut without a specific source.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results