shape
carat
color
clarity

Gave her the e-ring, now have a ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spunger

Rough_Rock
So.......I gave her the ring last Wednesday, which she loves. It''s a precision set 7728 in 950 platinum. Looks exactly like this:

So she''s had it now for a couple days, and as I was nit-picking it as she was saying it catches on things. She had it pull some hair out and I was like......I dunno why. So I took a magnifying glass and looked at the prongs. There are 2 of them that you can see a gap/light though, and 2 you can''t. There''s only 4 prongs on the ring.

So my main question is..........is this fixable or does she have to live with it? We had the stone set BY precision as that was the jewelers advice. I really don''t want to send it back to the jeweler, the then send it to precision.....just ends up in a lot of FedEx charges. We have a local jeweler that my girlfriend (well fiancée) has had good luck with making her custom pieces and such over the last few years.

Would the ring have to be re-set, or could they just adjust/tweak those prongs to sit correctly? I know she''s nervous to give it to anyone, but I also would rather have it fixed then either her bending the prongs when it gets stuck in her hair.

Just curious........and any ideas how much a jeweler might charge for something like this? I know it''s probably something they do all the time.......but I have no idea LOL...

I''ll make a separate post for everyone, so they know the entire story of how the ring came about and who we went with :)

7728.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there any kind of warranty on the ring? I wonder if it would be invalidated if another jeweler works on it......

spunger

Rough_Rock
That is a good question, and I don''t know..........never even thought about it

I guess it won''t hurt to ask

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results