shape
carat
color
clarity

Gabrielle Carre or Queen of Hearts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dmndfvr

Rough_Rock
Help this newbie out! My girlfriend really likes princess cuts and I love the fire/brilliance of a round. I''m happy to find out that there are alternatives...but I am stuck between the Gabrielle Carre and the Queen of Hearts?

Any advice?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Regent all the way!!!
1.gif
If you like the look of a round brilliant but the square shape, the Regent is a great alternative. Don't know if QoH will look like a RB --but the Regent definitely has those H&A's down.
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hm. I love the Regent, but it's really more of a cushion than a square. If you can't solicit the opinion of your GF, I'd suggest sticking to something as princess-like as possible. I've never seen either the QoH or the Carre in person, but from the pictures I think the Carre is more princess-like. Actually, it's rather radiant-like, but she may not notice. I also don't know how the prices compare. The QoH probably has superior light return. I guess...if the QoH is similar in price to the Carre I'd go for the QoH. Most people, I think, don't really notice the facet pattern as much as the outline, so make sure you get a really square stone.

dmndfvr

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help! There's a few Carre's at work I can check out. I will view them both & decide which one takes my breath away!

Ciao

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Asscher?!? Mara, a QoH looks nothing like an Asscher. I think the rain is getting to you!
naughty.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really? I tend to think the steps in the QoH (in pictures anyway) looks kind of like the facet steps of an Asscher.
1.gif
Vaguely. Hee Hee.

We don't have any rain here yet...uh oh!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it's pouring here in SF again.

Uh, pouring like...diamonds! (To make it relevant to PS
2.gif
)

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Ok - here's a princess lover (LMAO - that sounds funny) to chime in.
1.gif

I have grown to love both the regent and QoH. I don't like the Carre cause it reminds me of a Radiant and I don't like the rectangular look.

If your girl doesn't mind the rectangular look the Carre would be great. But I know a lot of princess lovers that like the stone because it is square. JMHO. So it might help to find that out before you buy.

As Mara (thanks for thinking of me and my pretty ring!
2.gif
)said, there are some vendors who sell princesses far superior to the ones in stores.

However, if my honey had demanded I get a Regent of QoH I wouldn't have said no. I don't think you can go wrong with those two.

Good luck!
1.gif

dmndfvr

Rough_Rock
Great! It's raining in SF! I better pack my umbrella! Headed up there first thing in the morning.
Anyway, I agree that the Carre is too rectangular like the radiants. I just showed one to a customer this evening...So that one is out of the line up. It's definitely between a Regents or a QOH's. Jonathan from GOG just emailed me info to the nearest QOH dealer. I'll check em out after the holidays.
Actually,
I think the QOH would be my best bet. Just have the jeweler set the prongs properly to complete the square look. Besides, I don't think that my gf will mind going from "princess" to "queen" status!

Thanks everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good point dmn! Good luck and let us know what you find.
1.gif

dmndfvr

Rough_Rock
Help!

I still haven't been able to visit the jeweler that carries the QOH. They're 3 hours away from me! My last day at the jewelry store is sunday! There's a Gabrielle Carre .52 SI1 G retailing for $2495.
With my discount it's $1600 for me. I am confused out of my mind!

I originally had a .56 prin E vs1 set in a plat cathedral setting. I had it removed with the intention to get a bigger stone. I ended up giving it to my gf as a pendant. I also just bought .33 tw prin earrings for her xmas gift...

Now I'm wondering if I should get that Gabrielle stone as a starter...proposing, then upgrading it to a light 1ct QOH right before the big day? What do you guys think? Is $1600 a good deal for that Gabrielle stone?

I'm leaving so. california to be back with my gf up in no. california. My attempt at becoming a successful Financial Advisor didn't work out. Neither did trying to be a Loan Officer and a pt Diamond Consultant. Oh well! Back to assisting with Colonoscopies! Plus, long distance relationships are tough!

Any advice out there!
twirl.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you mean by "upgrading"? Will the same jeweler actually change the stones? or you will collect one more "intermediary" diamond... To be sure, any of the fancy cuts mentioned (Gabrielle, QUH, Princess) can beat most commercial rounds in terms of light return in their best interpretation. Maybe they will not match the very best rounds, but most rounds do not there either! If what you want is a stone with great return, than hunting down a hard to find patented cut is not the only way and is not the esiest, I guess. Maybe I overinterpret your posts, but a look at some BrilianceScope scores for fancies may prove my point (surely you did surf GoodOldGold). if you are in such a hurry, you may not have alot of options but to get something and rely on the return policy OR get a stone with known light return in either squarish shape you may find in your the quality range. How bad can it be?

BTW: that price sounds good for a branded stone, if you like it.

dmndfvr

Rough_Rock
Hi Valeria!

As far as upgrading...I would just keep the stone and then get her a 1 carat later. Since I'm torn between the Gabrielle and the QOH, why not get both? Yeah, not so great on my pocket but I don't mind collecting. Love diamonds!
Btw, I have surfed GOG. Great site! I agree with you, most commercial stones can be beaten. And at this point, between the Gabrielle and the QOH, I guess I can't go wrong!

Jonathan has been very helpful. I will definitely give him a call once I'm ready to get a light 1ct.

I guess I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow if I'll pick up that Gabi stone or not.

Thanks for your help!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Collecting fancy cuts... Sounds great!
The only detraction my be if your budget does however have a limit and you may be interested to get one larger stone rather than a host of smaller one (say, a 1.5 or more for the "final" stone, rather than two piecs). However, tough choice between such tempting options. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results