shape
carat
color
clarity

G colour SI clarity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2005 5:57:48 PM
Author:ubahawtee
My fiance is looking at a 1.51 princess cut diamond that is G in colour and Si in clarity. He says he looked at a bunch of diamonds, and this SI looked as clean as some of the VS1 is this true??
Yes, it should. The clarity grades have little to do with the "eye clean" quality of those diamonds. Anything above VS2 is eye clean and most SIs are depending on what and where the inclusions are.

... as much as I know.

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
I bought an SI1 and even with the loupe cannot see anything going on inside. So it may depend where the inclusions are. good luck

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Yup, that sounds about right. SI1s can be eyeclean (some aren''t, but many are) so if your fiance has found an eye clean SI1 that you guys love then yipee for you!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
The G color, combined with eye-clean SI1 or SI2 clarity is very popular in terms of bang for your buck.

With a princess cut, a reflector image (Ideal-scope or ASET) will tell much about the cut. Finish details of polish and symmetry are important as well. The AGS has just come out with a grading system for princess, so if you want what some are terming the 'best of the best' you can search for a princess graded AGS0... But it's a recent development as of this date.

The clarity challenge involves working with a reputable vendor/appraiser whom you trust to define the level of eye-clean in any SI diamond you consider.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results