shape
carat
color
clarity

Frustrated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of choosing an engagement ring and have a dilemma...

I had chosen the Tiffany Etoile Solitaire - 1.2 C . My boyfriend was just about to get it when I found a 3 stone radiant cut ring (at a boutique jeweler) that was very different but really pretty ! It had a center diamond of 1.5 (and two side diamonds of .6 or so).

So now I am completely perplexed.

What do you all think of the radiant cut? Is a 3 stone for an anniversary? Should I stick with Tiffanys?

The boutique jeweler seems good www.charleskoll.com . The salesperson is giving me a lot of options. But this jeweler only has AGS ratings and I''ve read I should have GIA for radiant cuts.

Any thoughts would be so helpful. I''d like to figure this out so I can get some
23.gif
sleep!

Oh, my budget was $16k.

etoile 2.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Tracy- welcome to PS!!

I am sorry you are frustrated. I think it just comes down to personal preference when choosing between those 2 shapes. The Tiffancy Etoile is pretty, but again, you are paying a lot for the Tiffany name (dont get me wrong, their diamonds are beautiful, youre just not getting the most for your money here). Anyway, radiants are gorgeous too- are you drawn more to round styles or more square type styles? As they say, go with the stone that "speaks to you."

A 3 stone ring can be for engagment, anniversary, whatever you want it to be...

Just my personal preference, I would pick the radiant with sidestones(traps, trillions). First of all, it is BIGGER,
2.gif
, and second, I prefer the square-ish type shapes (radiants, emerald cuts, asschers) over a round anyday. I know a lot of people here feel differently, but that is just my $.02.....

Good luck!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I think a 3 stone radiant would be a great e-ring, but then I''m biased. That''s what I have (a radiant with pears on the sides). Either AGS or GIA are good reports for radiants. Both are considered to be the best, so you won''t go wrong with an AGS report. I think GIA grades more radiants than AGS does, but as far as color and clarity accuracy, the two are about equal.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''ll take a different view. I think the Tiffany Etoile soliaire is a classic and I love the sleek simple design that to me really highlights the diamond. Either way though it sounds like you will have a lovely ring!

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I would choose the Etoile ring, or something similar in setting with a killer Ideal H&A stone : ) The radiant cut is just not my favourite, but ... it''s not my ring : ) Obviously something about the radiant 3 stone sung to you because you are seriously thinking about it. This is something that you will wear everyday (or pretty much) for the rest of your life.

The Etoile setting is fairly low, what does the radiant setting look like, is it low or high? Do you work a lot with your hands, would a higher setting get in the way? Have you thought of wedding bands and how a wedding band would pair with either the Etoile or the 3 stone Radiant? A wedding band will likely not sit flush with the 3 stone without a spacer between them.

I don''t mean to frustrate you more with so many questions, but maybe while thinking of the answers, something will hit home and make a definite decision for you. Oh, and I want to add, I am so glad you are facing this dilemma before the purchase, rather than buyers remorse and having to deal with refunds, or being stuck with a ring you don''t absolutely adore.

I wish you well,

Bridget

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing wrong with a 3 stone as an engagement ring. Choose the one that speaks to you or that you would actually feel sad if you didn''t get it..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which one makes your heart go pitter pat? That''s the one.
1.gif
There are no set rules for an ering - some people use solitaires, some use three stones, some use gemstones, some use bands! There''s no hard and fast rule other than the fact that YOU have to wear it, so go for something you love!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 3 stone radiant RHR and I absolutely love it! The random color flashes and sparkle are so different than anything I''ve ever seen. I used to be a princess lover, but once I saw a radiant, that was it for me. The are truly mesmerizing! They are my absolute favorites now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results