shape
carat
color
clarity

Found an awesome Radiant!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nddomer04

Rough_Rock
I''ve been working with a local jeweler who is affiliated with the Official Radiant Cut, and here''s what we found...

Radiant
1.55 Ct.
VS2
H
63.8 Depth !!!!
68.3 Table
Good Polish
Very Good Symmetry
1.16:1 Ratio
$11,200

It is absolutely incredible what happens to a radiant when you find that 60-65% range on the depth. I have been looking at radiants for months now, and the majority have been in the high 60 or low 70 range, and it doesn''t even compare. I''d suggest finding a jeweler that can locate branded radiants. It truly makes a difference when it is cut right. This particular stone is rated as a 1B on gemappraisers.com In fact, all of the stats are 1A except for the table which is a 2A (1B goes to 68.0 and this stone is a 68.3).

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Sir !
9.gif

... can you show us how this one looks ? What is the size and shape ?

These rads are quite amazing, but not alike. The original cut was supposed to reconcile spread and brilliance. 'Guess the message got lost on the way among the generic rads, and the rare, desirable exception never come without a premium.

An aparently generic option comes at 8k:
34.gif

1.55 cts H/VS2 (GIA), 62% depth, 66% table, 7 x 6.7mm

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Somewhere along the line, I thought I read on this forum that you may give up a firey Radiant diamond when you go below higher 60s (or up to 70) in depth. My Radiant has 70.3 depth and has far more fire than any of the Radiants I saw (during my search) with low depths. I think it might have been Nicrez (who is studying gemology as we speak) that mentioned it. I may be mistaken though, so maybe someone can clarify for me.

As always, you have to view fancy cut stones to find "the ONE" for you.
2.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone!

Regarding the depth of a Radiant Cut Diamond:
Yes, the branded stones have a maximum depth of 69.9%- BUT- I have seen Radiant Cut diamonds with depths in the low 70''s that would knock your sox off with fire and brilliance- BUT- they looked a little smaller for their weight.

Icelady - I''m sure you''ve got a real winner!!!! Also at 70.3% it''s likely your diamond has very good visual size for it''s weight and your eyes are telling you about the amazing faire and sparkle.

nddomer- CONGRATS!
If anyone wants to buying a radiant cut make sure the diamond is an Original Radiant Cut ( branded stone) please make sure it comes with the Radiant Cut certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results