shape
carat
color
clarity

for WF, are there 3 in-house options; which come w/ egg-roll?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Just guessing here, (and making up the details as I go?)...that there are 4 options with White Flash...

a) A Cut Above...most are created by you, cut there. But, some brought in, found to have ideal proportions, and named A Cut Above?

b) Expert Selection...some are (1) oops from A Cut Above, some (2) brought in and found not to quite make A Cut Above standards, left as Expert Selection

c) in house and not named, as the two at the end of the selection here from Mara, for example. These have been brought in, not deemed to be either (a) or (b), but good enough to keep and not return

d) among 1000s available to be brought in.

Close?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those two earring stones that I posted were found in Expert Selection....they looked to be brand new because last nite they only had AGS certs.

So I think the actual categorization is more like a) ACA b) ES which does house ACA booboos where its hard to tell the difference(like my stone), others that were probably meant to be ACA at some point but were definitely visibly off (aka thick girdles, VG/G ratings, and/or notsohot IS images), and then other random rounds and stones like fancies (asscher, emerald etc) which are in ES and then c) the thousands of virtual stones they have access to.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Ira – Eggroll huh?
21.gif
You are close, but Mara gets an “A.”

You get some homework…

Cliff’s Notes

A. A Cut Above: All produced by Antwerp based sightholder (all in-stock)
B. Expert Selection: All produced by Antwerp based sightholder (all in-stock)
C. Loose Diamonds: Same “virtual” list many vendors subscribe to (not-in-stock)

Longer answer to all of the questions

Okay, the origin of any “A Cut Above” diamond depends on the timeline. When Brian began producing ACA, first with Alpha Creations and then with Whiteflash, he cut exclusively in Houston. Back then he bought rough on the open market or recut stones to meet his tolerances. This continued until demand grew and he had to find more supply. At one point he was buying rough, recutting diamonds and dealing with 3 different factories to maintain inventory. However, 2 of the 3 could not produce on a consistent enough basis to meet ACA standards.

Then several years ago DeBeers forced the issue with their “Supplier of Choice” change, so Brian made an aggressive deal and moved all production to our Antwerp based sightholder. Their factory changed its entire fine-make production to accommodate WhiteFlash. So now they alone produce all ACA - none are cut elsewhere. Brian travels to Antwerp around 10 times a year to oversee and evolve production as necessary…When we began producing New Line (cut for Classic ACA visual balance combined with a limited leakage IdealScope footprint) Brian worked with factory managers designing an entirely new set of paradigms. Now both Classic and New Line ACA are produced there according to his specifications for major and minor facet configuration. Josh Rioux did a nice workup on the differences for the glossary, here.. It’s a good situation for us because continued study and refinement is able to take place constantly now.

Logically, Expert Selection diamonds come from the same Antwerp sightholder. You are correct that some rounds are ACA candidates that didn’t make the grade, but all of them are hand-selected by Brian to appear in the ES inventory, so we don't like to call them "ACA booboos." Of course, we do not absorb every non-ACA diamond produced so there are a fair number of diamonds sold to other suppliers that are Brian’s brainchildren.

As for Loose Diamonds (virtual database) I’m sure you know that this is the same list of “virtual” diamonds many other vendors subscribe to. We list the available stats, and our weighted system is used to rate quality based on all available info. We do not sell an off-site stone without bringing it in to analyze and inspect it for the customer. That's an important distinction to us.

Eggroll…If we were producing in the Far East perhaps… Would you settle for a Belgian waffle? I hear Paul knows the perfect place.
3.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
John,

Sorry to put you to work, but I certainly appreciate your briefing; very helpful, I think.

The egg roll bit...not sure if this applies anymore. Years ago at least (maybe stil in the midwest or somewhere?), when typically visiting a Chinese restaurant, you got to choose a dish from column A, B &/or C, and with your meal, you get egg-roll. Somehow, I don''t see those options anymore.

Did anyone need that explanation?

John, again, many thanks. It helps to understand this world we live in, and your taking the time to explain it makes all the difference.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now do you want the real story?

3 times a year Brian flies to Africa and sees a witch doctor and buys some magic beans.
He then flies to a chicken farm in the Midwest USA and feeds the magic beans to 50 chickens.
For the next 3 weeks he collects the eggs.
They then are stored for 3 months in an xray chamber under magnetic pressure.
The eggs are then cracked open and out comes perfect ACA diamonds.
Now towards the end of the 3 weeks the magic beans are getting weak so less than perfect diamonds are formed these are the ES diamonds.
Some times something goes wrong and wierd looking but neat diamonds are produced these are bought up and sold by diamondsbylauren.com

The rest are diamonds they offer to supply a cover story for the magic beans.
The rest of the trips are to support the cover story.

Now thats the true story of how an ACA is formed :}

Utoh I hear a truck pulling up outside!
Must hit the button quick!!!!!!! ..........

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2005 12:37
6.gif
3 AM
Author: JohnQuixote
Date: 2/1/2005 12:29:45 AM

Author: strmrdr

trade secrets...

Shhh! Strm...Our magic bean info is proprietary and protected by patents!

DeBeers hired me to spill the secret so people wouldnt buy your diamonds.
They want to corner the market on egg diamonds.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2005 12
6.gif
1:31 PM
Author: noobie
Do they use a bunch of quails for the melee?
I heard it was Rock Cornish Game Hens!
9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
emsmileo.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2005 1:32:20 PM
Author: pqcollectibles

Date: 2/1/2005 12
6.gif
1:31 PM
Author: noobie
Do they use a bunch of quails for the melee?
I heard it was Rock Cornish Game Hens!
9.gif
sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont give away all their secrets.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results