shape
carat
color
clarity

First time poster -- help with a Princess Stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stevejeltz

Rough_Rock
Hello to all,

I have been a lurker on this site for several weeks & am now ready to solicit some help regarding princess cut diamonds. I''ve looked through some of the posts & some of the links to online sources & for a self guided tutorial.

I''d like to find a princess cut stone for the following Michael B setting (princess collection, 2.0MM width, .44c pave diamonds

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/Product.asp?DesignerID=18&ItemTypeID=1&ItemID=325&start=6#

My budget is $8-9k for the stone and I''m noticing that puts me in the 1.30 - 1.50 carat range for a VS1 - 2 -- E or F range. A local jeweler is trying to push the following stone & I''m hoping you folks can direct me to better options based on your expertise (I don''t feel good about the depth)
1.32 Carat, 6.02x5.77x4.65, FVS1, depth = 80.6, Table = 61, vg polish, girdle = medium, fluorescence = none

Can you suggest or direct me to any other options or provide guidelines of what features to focus on in this price range?

Thanks so much in advance![:wavey:

stevejeltz

Rough_Rock
sorry, correction ... the price range for the stone is $8k - $9.5k and the stone I listed that the local jeweler was pushing is priced at $9750. Thanks again!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
He's pushing an 80 depth princess on you? I'd LAUGH IN HIS FACE and RUN to a better vendor.
nono.gif

Sparkler

Rough_Rock
More More More: I think that I am asking the right person on princess cuts, if not please guide me to someone.

2.02 Ct Princess
6.41x6.94x4.97
depth 77.5%
tablle 76%
Crown angle 9.7
pavillion depth 62.5%
girdle 5.5%
LTW 1.08
6.41x6.94x4.97

How is the cut?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
sparkler-pm alexah and researcher...but the'll tell ya what I told ya! ANd they know a heck more than I do
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There are many diamonds of the quality and size you want listed on pricescope if you do a search. They are not a lot less costly, but many are way less deep. If they are less deep and weight the same, that means the look to your fiance' will be LARGER. You can then buy a slightly less heavy diamond OR give her one that looks larger than the one you have mentioned above. Either way, these are viable alternatives.

Of course, you can buy the diamond you mentioned above, too. I don't think it is overpriced.....just too deep.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
MMM (and oldminer) are correct, of course
4.gif
that stone is too deep...

I did a little searching and found a few stones which have good potential - the first one is from DCD & the last three from ERD (btw, when i went to pick up my RHR from Mark at ERD, he showed me that band w a princess stone center stage & it was beautiful!! you have great taste)
2.gif

1.50 G SI1 $9227

1.51 F SI1 $8688

1.50 F SI1 $8678

1.26 F VS1 $8K.

If you ask DCD or ERD if any of the above SI1 stones are eye-clean, they'll give you an honest opinion
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results