shape
carat
color
clarity

First time post with questions about ID Jewelry

Rose0902

Rough_Rock
Hi all, this is my first time posting here and I must admit that I'm quite intimidated by how knowledgable and experience everyone is. I would appreciate any help that I can get =] To begin with, I am in interested in purchasing a u-prong diamond eternity band. After shopping around online as well as in B&M stores, I realized that IDJ is the most competitive when it comes to prices. Does anyone have any experience with purchasing from them? I'm most curious if any one has tried to bargain and lower their prices. I know that there is a "sticker" price but has anyone been able to get it lower? Also, in your opinion would a WG ring (say 14k) be better and sturdier for an eternity than say platinum or 18k? TIA!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Welcome to PS! :wavey: I have bought several pieces from IDJ, including an eternity band. I'd suggest platinum so that you don't have to rhodium plate it every year or so, but that's my personal bias. As for bargaining with Yekutiel, you might be able to gently hint ("is there any way you could do a bit better?"), but their prices are already pretty competitive, so don't be surprised if they aren't able to do anything for you.

Rose0902

Rough_Rock
thank you so much for taking your time to reply to my post! I do realize his prices are very low but I figured I should just ask anyway, just in case :tongue:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
IDJ makes beautiful things at an excellent price point. You must, however, be very specific about what eye-clean means to you. Also ask for 'Pricescope quality' excellent cut stones. You must also realise that this price point does not always buy perfection, there may be some very slight esthetic (non-structural) imperfections with your prongs.
Many here have bought from them, been very happy with service and product. I am one. You may however want to check out this thread:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/humor-me-32-or-34-inch-dbty.182703/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/humor-me-32-or-34-inch-dbty.182703/[/URL]

Don't feel intimidated, we are just people who love diamonds and have done a bit of reading (and buying!). Welcome.
Oh, and if you are planning on wearing this as a wedder or stacking ring, please get a thin 'spacer' ring to wear between the two to stop the exposed girdles on the eternity from cutting into the other ring. Maybe match the eternity metal to e-ring metal, if you have one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results