shape
carat
color
clarity

Finger Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bella_91

Rough_Rock
Hi all. Question for you...

My ring size is 4.5 and my stone is going to be 1.5 ct cushion cut (rectangular).

I''ve been browsing the "show me the ring" thread looking for pictures of what a stone that size will approximately look like on that size finger. Has anyone seen any rings in that size that they can refer me to?

Also - is there any kind of rule regarding finger coverage and what size diamond to get? What sizestone would give good coverage for a 4.5 size?

Suggestions and pics very welcome. Many thanks in advance!
35.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Good grief, a 1.5 carat on a 4.5 finger?! You will have no problems at all with finger coverage (says the size 9 who will probably have about a carat). I am green with envy!
21.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
yeah. I agree with gwen....most people would die for a 4.5 size finger, let alone a 1.5ct diamond! Whew! You''ve got nothing to worry about, girl. Enjoy it and show us plenty of photos when you get it!!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a size 4.25 and 1.5 would be good times on my finger. I currently have a 1 carat rectangular cushion being set and I think it''ll be great, but 1.5 would be my ideal. I live in a pretty casual non-blingy area in the Pacific Northwest, so we aren''t too bling-crazy up here.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Bella,

I have a 1.5 ct rectangular solitaire cushion and wear size 4.5

See pics in this thread (scroll down for best ones):

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ring-completed-pics-and-acknowledgements-included.34326/

At first the ring was size 5, but I''ve since had it sized to 4.5

Hope this helps,

Anne

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2008 9:45:08 PM
Author: spike13
Take a look at this chart:
http://images.amazon.com/media/i3d/01/actual-diamond-size.pdf

You can print it out, then cut out one for 1.5 cushion and put it on your finger to get an idea of coverage.
I thought I was the only one who printed out "color" pictures of jewelry and tried them on. LOL.

To answer the original question - I think it is all about what you like but it sounds like you''d have a stunning ring on your finger.

lotsofsparkle

Shiny_Rock
My ring is currently a 4.5 (although i really need to have it sized to a 4) with a 1.3ct RB. Here''s a link to my thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lotsofsparkle%E2%80%99s-tacori-e-ring-is-finally-here.82491/

As for finger coverage, I think ANY sidestone with a 1.5 center on a 4.5 finger would give good coverage. Of course, I am biased and I love trap sides but seriously, I don''t think you can go wrong with sidestones.
2.gif

bella_91

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone who posted! My ring is currently being made, so I''m in the waiting zone...ugh! :)

The 1.5 ct cushion will be mounted in a wider pave setting....if I remember correctly the band is 2-3 pave stones across, similar to S95''s ring.

Here''s a link to her ring so you have a general idea what I''m talking about:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-pictures-cant-help-myself.31057/

I hope it turns out great! I sort of put together two elements that I liked - the cushion stone and the wider pave band. I haven''t seen much like that all together.

Fingers crossed!

DevineHalo

Rough_Rock
i have a 1.53 ct and a size 6.5, i think i have decent finger coverage, so a 4.5 size will look huge!

IMG_639901.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results