shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding wholesaler?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TalldrinkH2o

Rough_Rock
I've noticed that several sites have the exact same diamond for sale - same GIA #. I'd really like to deal with a local jeweler that I have a relationship with that will also design and create the ring. The jeweler is very large estate jeweler that has relationships with many jewelers and wholesalers in the industry that should be able to purchase from any wholesaler. I am very particular and prefer to research diamonds myself on the myriad of sites listed on pricescope. My question is - Is there a way to research a GIA # and find out who the wholesaler is -who actually has the diamond matching the certs I find? I'm back and forth about what I want and I'd like to limit the amount of running around the very kind and patient local jeweler has to do.

Thank you for your help. I'll probably post another question about my confusion on what to purchase and the reason for my back and forth on what to buy.

TalldrinkH2o

Rough_Rock
Should I post this under another forum than "rocky talky" ?
I thought for sure someone would know.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TalldrinkH2o|1416384962|3786289 said:
I've noticed that several sites have the exact same diamond for sale - same GIA #. I'd really like to deal with a local jeweler that I have a relationship with that will also design and create the ring. The jeweler is very large estate jeweler that has relationships with many jewelers and wholesalers in the industry that should be able to purchase from any wholesaler. I am very particular and prefer to research diamonds myself on the myriad of sites listed on pricescope. My question is - Is there a way to research a GIA # and find out who the wholesaler is -who actually has the diamond matching the certs I find? I'm back and forth about what I want and I'd like to limit the amount of running around the very kind and patient local jeweler has to do.

Thank you for your help. I'll probably post another question about my confusion on what to purchase and the reason for my back and forth on what to buy.
Why would it matter to you?.. :confused: your jeweler should able to pick up the stone on consignment.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Do you liv3e in a big city with a "diamond district" like in Manhatten there is 47th street. I'd go look at every style size shape color and clarity I could to get a better idea of what I wanted. Then you have a good idea and can then work closer on line to fine the perfect stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right, that is the jeweler's job to look up the number and call and order the stone from his supplier. Just be sure you have plenty of pricing evidence so you can negotiate the price.

TalldrinkH2o

Rough_Rock
I gave the jeweler 6 GIA stones that i found on the various sites He said he could only find 2 of them-unfortunately not my two favorites. I was hoping for at least 3 stones including at least one of my top 2. As i mentioned- They are an estate jeweler not a conventional jeweler so they don't deal with wholesalers regularly. He supplies many jewelers with estate pieces and told me he can contact some of them but have not located the diamonds I really wanted. I know one wholesaler they have contact with is mj gross. Does each jeweler only have access to certain wholesalers? I trust this jeweler and have known them for many years. They are very nice and well respected. I don't think they are lying to me? Why would they not want to get the diamonds that I liked best? One is the most expensive by far of the bunch -what would the motivation be not to find them? There has to be a way to research any given GIA and find who has it. I appreciate your help.

TalldrinkH2o

Rough_Rock
I'm going to talk to the jeweler over the weekend. Any new advice after my updated post??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What are you looking to buy? What shape?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results