shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally! This is my ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Snufkin

Rough_Rock
It has taken me about half a year to see this final product since I started my search for a loose diamond. Thank you all for your help!

Snufkin

630.jpg

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
That is absolutely gorgeous! It is a very classy alternative to the traditional solitaire. Congratulations!

:))

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
I would have to say that is in the top few I have seen. I may want something like that with as thin as possible metal to make a small stone look larger. Does the company that makes that make thinner ones for smaller stones?

BigLou

Rough_Rock
Very nice ring. It is a nice alternative to a lot of the other contemporary settings I've seen out there. How did you get such a close shot with the camera? I assume it is a digital camera but that's a great picture. Anyway, I like it a lot. Excellent taste.:appl:

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Where can I find your ring setting? I like it a lot. So does everyone I showed it to. They all said it was different yet still classic.

Snufkin

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your compliments, guys and girls!!! Yes, it turned out really pretty. I hope my g/f loves it as much as you all do.

--- "I would have to say that is in the top few I have seen. I may want something like that with as thin as possible metal to make a small stone look larger."

This setting makes my stone look A LOT bigger than it actually is. The stone is D/VVS2/0.56/medium blue fluo. ideal cut. The nicest thing is that while the arm/hand like figure protects the girdle and makes the stone look bigger, it still exposes the side of stone. From the top, it looks very much like one of those "tension setting" which I was initially looking into, without the fear of loosing a stone.

--- "How did you get such a close shot with the camera? I assume it is a digital camera but that's a great picture."

It's Nikon CoolPix990 or 880 or something with close-up mode. My appraiser Martin Fuller in VA took that one for me. (He is a GREAT guy, BTW)

--- "Where can I find your ring setting?"

I've found the style first at http://gilletts.com.au/pages/index.htm But, it costs around $660 - $700 depending on your stone size. Then I learned that Japanese websites were selling better looking platinum setting for cheaper. If you are brave enough, visit
http://www.intergem.co.jp/ (this is where I got the ring from) or http://isweb9.infoseek.co.jp/shopping/jmsco/ringwaku3.htm
(FYI, $1 = about 124 yen.) You'll find mouth-watering designs for so cheap that you can't resist.

I attached another photo from a different view.

Rg2sm.jpg

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I know I've already commented on the ring, but it is just SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Rich was right, I am absolutely "non traditional", (I love marquise shapes), but I just love this one as well. So I'm sure the gf will love it too. What's the proposal scenario like????

Snufkin

Rough_Rock
I am really surprised by those positive reactions! Thank you all. And YES, my g/f loves this ring!!! She really didn't care about jewelry before, but she was really impressed by the taste. Unfortunately, the ring size was bigger by one size, so I had to go back to my jeweler (Quest Manufacturing Jewelers, Inc. in VA) for resizing with my g/f. Now it fits perfect and looks reeeeealy good on her finger.

--- What's the proposal scenario like????
Ummm, maybe I should keep it between two of us. I didn't take her out to the fancy dinner or bed-and-breakfast, though. It was a big surprise.
:naughty:

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Sorry! You mentioned earlier that you hoped she loved the ring, I didn't realize you had already "popped the question" when I asked what you had planned. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I'm trying to browse the jp website where you purchased your mounting. I had to download some kind of translater, but the webpage is still in Japanese (which I do not speak/read!). Help?

Snufkin

Rough_Rock
Thought you would go to the website, Tara! I can't imagine how difficult it is to browse Japanese pages because I am fluent in Japanese... Have you clicked on any of the pictures on the page? This website doesn't have many descriptions in Japanese language anyway. I think the best way is to e-mail the store once you know which one you want. Make sure to attach the picture of the ring with the e-mail. Here is the address; [email protected] He will be happy to assist your needs. The service was quick and excellent.

Let me know how it goes!

Snufkin

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
What a fabulous ring, so elegant!!!!

I visited the Japanese website and saw a similar ring on it, but the finished ring looks so much nicer than the pictures there indicate. You have a good eye.

Congratulations!

jsp9999

Rough_Rock
hi snufkin,
first of all, i want to thank you for good posts and information. i don't know if you still visit the website but i recently revisited what you have posted before about the settings. as a matter of fact, i visited a local store and found i like their ring styles. the salesperson said the rings were made and set in japan. my gf and i love the uniqueness and stylish designs they have. the settings we find on many websites and in local stores are simply too "dull" or too expensive.

if you don't mind, could you share some of your experience? i am kind of cautious since i don't speak japanese and i don't know what to expect. you ring, however, leaves me very little doubt of buying from the other side of planet. congratulations!!! drop me a line. thanks again.

Cola

Rough_Rock
Try feeding the japanese store address to http://babelfish.altavista.com

It should be able to translate the site (and follow up links) for you. I did it and it worked well enough (works even better on non-diamond store sites).

AlwaysLearning

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I saw a design I really liked on this webiste but struggled to find an email address. I sent a query in on the communication page last week but no on has responded yet. I don't suppose anyone has an email address for this company that I can contact directly?

Plus, have any of the non-Japanese-speaking-Americans ever done this? Would love to hear about your experience.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results