shape
carat
color
clarity

finally picked my ring with IDJ and so excited!

jrich

Shiny_Rock
This is my part one of two posts about IDJ.
Today was an awesome day, I finally picked my ring! This is a stone I had been eyeing for over a month, and turns out IDJ had it.
I contacted Yekutiel who wrote me back right away. He put the diamond on hold for me, and within a day I had an image of the ring, his personal assessment, idealscope, heart image, arrows image, and he even sent me a video. I loved it, but realized I just ended up being one of those people who needs to see it in person to have 100% peace of mind.

So today, when I totally should have been sick in bed, I took the train to NYC to see Yekutiel. I will say this, I cannot imagine a vendor wanting to make his customers happier than this guy does. The whole time I was there, about 2 hours, he would remind me that I was the boss and we would run the day however I wanted to feel comfortable. He brought out my diamond and we looked at it clean, dirty, in different lights, and he took me out to the middle of the NY streets to get a real look in daylight.

The diamond I had my heart set on for over a month ended up being the one for me, and I am thrilled. I ended up choosing a non-designer setting I saw in person on a finished ring, and he ordered it for me. It is a yellow gold shank with a really pronounced knife edge with simple, teeny tiny white prongs. It was crazy to me to think of how I had spent hours and hours looking over settings, and this one just spoke to me, and I love that it is one I haven't seen yet. I have found a way to make this lovely simple solitaire really be unique, and I can't wait to see it.

I cannot recommend IDJ and Yekutiel enough for their customer service, and I fully expect to soon also say for the great quality they produce. You can tell how much he appreciates all we do to help deservingly keep him in one of our top spots when it comes to recommendations. I will say that working with virtual inventory to pick out your diamond is a tough a stressful job. IDJ had the one I wanted all along- and gave me a better price than I could have gotten anywhere. If you write him an email or call him, he will pretty much ALWAYS get right back to you. You will not have to wait days, and it is a nice feeling. If you are considering working with them and can take the chance to get over there and see him, you just can't beat that. You will leave happy. Today confirming that I really did find a needle in a haystack has made this all worth it.

I don't have pictures because I really wanted to wait until my wonderful boyfriend asks me, but here are the specs:

Modern RB, GIA certified
1.43 K - faces up a lovely, just slightly warm white color, does not at all look yellow
7.26mm, so looks exactly like a 1.5 but saved a ton by going just below that 1.5 mark.
SI2 completely eye clean face up (all inclusions are prongable around the edges)
Cut - Excellent
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry- Excellent
HCA score - 1.5 - the sparkle on the diamond is crazy

I wanted to thank everyone on here who helped so much, especially Diamondseeker2006 and Yssie. I could not have done this without you ladies.

Of course I will comment on the ring when we get it! The BF wants me to take one peek to make sure everything is good, and then he'll lock it away until I "forget" about it, so that it can be a surprise. :)

Thanks again to Yekutiel and all you guys for your help.

Jessica

06pvc

Shiny_Rock
Congrats. Looking forwarded to seeing all the pics. Yekutiel is great.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo!! Congratulations, how exciting!!! Can't wait for pics, I love yellow gold! :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am SO happy you were able to go see the diamond in person before deciding! Now you know for sure it is the stone for you! :appl: Your bf better hurry up and propose so we can see lots of pictures!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006 said:
I am SO happy you were able to go see the diamond in person before deciding! Now you know for sure it is the stone for you! :appl: Your bf better hurry up and propose so we can see lots of pictures!!!
ditto this! We want pics :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results