shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally picked my Jubilee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
To make a long story short, after much indecision and a lot of help from everyone on PS I finally picked a Jubilee.

It's a 0.85 H VVS1. The depth% is lower than the 0.90 SI1 that I was originally looking at making them look the same size. It also cost less.

0.85 H VVS1 Jubilee

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a picture of the two that I was looking at. The .90ct G Si1 is on the left and the .85ct on the right.

Dscn9989.jpg

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
NICE! drooling over the medium blue fluor too... I can see no difference in size between those two, or color. Great choice, congrats!!!
appl.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
ep- that'll look so classic. Beautiful choice! Please post pics of the finished product!!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I think you made a great choice (as you know), and that the setting is truly stunning! I like it much more than the standard x-prong
1.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
They look fantastic!

*sends subliminal msgs to hubby*
11.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Great choice and it will be gorgeous in that setting!

tysonmonster

Rough_Rock
Wow! After all our dialouge today I didnt realize we were both looking for the same thing!! Did you end up going with GOG? Was that a good experience?! Also, what setting is that? It looks very elegant and nice. Congratulations! Any advice would be very much obliged and already is! Thanks for your help so far!

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
The setting is D.Vatche's new double prong x-prong setting. That's the only picture that I've seen of it. D.Vatche hasn't even posted it on their website catalogue. Jonathan (GOG) told me about it. He'd seen it at the Vegas tradeshow in June. I should get it sometime next week.

I know I'm paying extra for the VVS1 but the number of available Jubilees was pretty slim. Because the depth% was on the low end of the range for Jubilees I got the spread of the .90ct but only paid for an .85ct.

waldo92

Rough_Rock
Again, that's a BEAuuuuutiful ring. I was so hooked on the Princess(thanks researcher, MMM, et al), until I stumbled upon this young lady. I am looking at the GOG VVS1 D-at least on their website. Can you give me a "ballpark" for what you paid as they don't have prices up? You can PM me if you want.
WOW-thanks, EP.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
My experience with GOG has been great so far. Everyone there has been very helpful.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
ok- those are not even funny!!! WOW!!!! What a beautiful rock you have picked out!
1.gif

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MMM. I can't wait to get it and then give it away.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the first picture GOG just sent me. More to come.

JE Jub85HVVS1 finished.jpg

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing... where are the pics from the side?!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
EP- what a magnificent creature!!!!!! That is truly an amazing stone...
love.gif
And I love a nice 'simple' setting (with a twist) to show off the stone... Job WELL done!!!!!

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the side view. I've also asked GOG to take some from different angles.

From the top the prongs almost look heart shaped.

JE Jub85HVVS1 side view.jpg

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow ep, love those prongs. It looks great. You must be thrilled with the result.

so what's the plan?

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Noobie - I really like the way the prongs look from the top. I can't wait to get it to see what it looks like from different angles.

I should get the ring from my appraiser sometime early next week. I can either propose next week/weekend when I get the ring or I can wait a week or so and propose when we're on vacation in Ireland. As of right now I'm leaning towards doing it sooner rather than later. Mainly because I don't want to have to worry about hiding it, losing it, or having it stolen during our trip. But...proposing in Ireland would be great.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful, ep!

I love those heart prongs on the corners!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results