shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY MY ASSCHER with PICS!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
I purchased this ASSCHER(sq. emer) after exhaustive research at the ROYAL ASSCHER WEB SITE(wanted to ensure the table and depths were within the RA range)

Purchased from SOLOMON BROS(would recommend them...Somer was very helpful)

Appraised at DAVID ATLAS.....TWO THUMBS UP!! and yes i got it laser inscribed with the GIA CERT#

Had someone HERE put together the PLATINUM SETTING for me(that person can step forward if they would like to)...appreciate all the help i got from this person!!! 4 STAR customer service!!!

THE SPECS!!

GIA CERTIFIED!!

1.09 Carats

G

VS2 (completely EYE CLEAN face up as well as from any angle you want to look!!)
love.gif
appl.gif

Dimmensions: 5.74 X 5.67 X 3.95 (and it looks SQUARE! L/W= 1.01)

Depth: 69.7%

Table: 59%

Polish: VERY GOOD

Symetry: Good

Culet: Closed

Girdle: Med to Thick

Flourescence: NONE

Crown Height: 12.1%

AGA Cut Class: 3A(noted as TYPICAL for cutting style)

also noted by D ATLAS Appraisal....EXCELLENT BRILLIANCY and WELL Porportioned

ONE THING I NEED SOME HELP WITH: DO the prongs look like they arent set correctly?

ENJOY!! and I look forward to any and all feedback!

PS: I know they say that ASSCHERS LOOK SMALLER but I THINK THIS ONE LOOKS atleast equivalent to a 1 Carat Princess

FWIW: BOTH PICS were taken in natural sunlight with NO FLASH

asscher front.JPG

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Did David Atlas do the laser inscription?

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
It was frustrating trying to get pics....I finally had a friend take the pic....I would have loved to have gotten a better FACE UP shot of the steps but maybe later.

BearMan

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/19/2004 12:39:31 PM diagonalman wrote:

Did David Atlas do the laser inscription?
----------------

YES THEY DID...INSCRIPTION LOOKED LIKE THIS

GIA 12405346 AGA

Edited to include the CORRECT GIA CERT #

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
Oh and Very IMPORTANT :

Insured with CHUBB

PLI is the agency I used they are in Charlotte NC 800-754-1116 I dealt with DOREEN and it was a BREEZE ....I dont have any other policies with PLI or Chubb and it wasnt a Problem.

Cost was $1.15/$100 and that was with the Agreed Value clause!(Valuable Articles Policy)

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
BearMan, Why isn't it the real GIA #? I dont understand.

Thanks
Colleen

BearMan

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/19/2004 12:57:51 PM cmcwill wrote:

BearMan, Why isn't it the real GIA #? I dont understand.

Thanks
Colleen
----------------

I just didnt know the cert # off the top of my head.....I will update it

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/19/2004 12:37:18 PM BearMan wrote:

Had someone HERE put together the PLATINUM SETTING for me(that person can step forward if they would like to)...appreciate all the help i got from this person!!! 4 STAR customer service!!!
<>----------------

Bearman,

If this is a vendor or designer, it would be difficult for them to "step forward" as it may come across as self-promotion. However, as a satisfied client of their's, you may mention who they are and credit will be given to them for their "4 star customer service"!

Vey beautiful ring by the way! Setting is elegant!
9.gif

BearMan

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/19/2004 2:44:54 PM icelady wrote:

----------------
On 3/19/2004 12:37:18 PM BearMan wrote:

<>----------------

Bearman,

If this is a vendor or designer, it would be difficult for them to 'step forward' as it may come across as self-promotion. However, as a satisfied client of their's, you may mention who they are and credit will be given to them for their '4 star customer service'!

Vey beautiful ring by the way! Setting is elegant!
9.gif

----------------

They are not PRICE SCOPE APPROVED and I also think they only did this to help me out since i was having a problem....I dont want them to get bombared with requests if they dont usually do this....all the person has to do is say thank you and then i will have no problem promoting them so they dont have to

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
Can you post another set of pics? It appeared in the first pic that the head might have been tweaked slightly on the X-Y plane, rotating the stone slightly clockwise. Was that just an artifact of the photo or is it apparent?
Otherwise the prongs would definitely be off, as that style head would not allow for rotation at the base, therefore requiring the v-prongs to have been displaced axially quite a bit to get that look. If it is so, it is still correctable.

It does have a rather interesting style of setting the stone, folding the prongs over the edges of the stone to horizontal like that, as opposed to leaving the edges of the "v" exposed. I would like to see this closer up in a pic.
It is not how I envisioned an Asscher would be mounted in a v-prong, it is very intriguing.
Did you ask for this specifically, or was this the setters own idea. I haven't seen a set quite like it, and I am interested in seeing more.

BearMan

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 3/20/2004 9:54:19 AM Griffin wrote:

Can you post another set of pics? It appeared in the first pic that the head might have been tweaked slightly on the X-Y plane, rotating the stone slightly clockwise. Was that just an artifact of the photo or is it apparent?
Otherwise the prongs would definitely be off, as that style head would not allow for rotation at the base, therefore requiring the v-prongs to have been displaced axially quite a bit to get that look. If it is so, it is still correctable.

It does have a rather interesting style of setting the stone, folding the prongs over the edges of the stone to horizontal like that, as opposed to leaving the edges of the 'v' exposed. I would like to see this closer up in a pic.
It is not how I envisioned an Asscher would be mounted in a v-prong, it is very intriguing.
Did you ask for this specifically, or was this the setters own idea. I haven't seen a set quite like it, and I am interested in seeing more.
----------------

angryfire.gif
F*#K at first i didnt notice that just thought the prong looked a little off...

but now that i look at it ....ITS GLARING

angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif

I didnt tell the setter how to set the stone other then to set it the way that would be appropriate for an asscher....

I Will TRY to post more pics(couldnt before) I had a friend take those 2 with his New Rebel EOS DIgital and we had a hard time getting those 2 pics...gonna try a trick someone PMd me with my digital camera.

I am GLAD to hear it can be FIXED...but doubt it will be able to be addressed prior to me giving it to her

sad.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Bearman, as one who has had issues with her setting, I can tell you I relate to your disappointment. However, a qualified jeweler can do wonders. Please don't worry. I know this is a big moment for you, and anticipation must be killing you, but I think it's important to remember that the relationship being in tact is what is most important. The ring itself is material. Again, I do understand your woes but just try to stay positive until it is all resolved. Even if she has to wait for it to be fixed after the proposal, believe me, she will be thrilled regardless.

Good luck & please keep us posted.

P.S. I left you a couple of suggestions in your poem thread.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results