shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally looking for the perfect stone and (I think) I''ve found the perfect setting...Help!

socalfirewife

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies, I have been lerking and reading for a long time to learn about as much as I can about diamonds so as not to get taken advantage of. My boyfriend is a wonderful man, but does not have a lot of personal interest in doing the research etc. that is required to get the diamond I want! :) He has enlisted my help, and although he still wants some element of surprise, is willing to let me help pick! Soooo I am seeking to try to understand what I really want. We went and tried on settings and I didn''t like the ones that I thought I would love and fell in love with the style I didn''t think I would like!!!
This is the setting style I''m finding I love:
https://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-261.asp
(though I don''t know if this is the exact setting we should purchase?? Are there better similar ones elsewhere?? I want my diamond to be set high, I didn''t like the low settings when we looked...but I''m not sure if this is high? If anyone can advise me on this I would really appreciate it. I really love the look of seeing just diamonds and very little gold I found)
Where I am getting Totally lost in the process is finding a diamond. I know that I want an Ideal cut absolutely, and I think that I am open to stones from G-J color, and I am open to anything down to SI2 as long as it is eyeclean. I am certainly a size girl, and was hoping for something in the 1.75-1.95 range for carat size. However, I just am not sure if this is possible while trying to keep the ring in the 10,000-12,000 budget? When I look on james allen and whiteflash, I seem to find diamonds in these specs certainly in this price range, but I just don''t know how to know what is a Fabulous diamond to purchase!?
Any help that you ladies can provide I would really appreciate. Thanks so much for your help!!!
36.gif

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
Not sure about diamonds (but Stone is the expert here, so I''m sure those are great options that he provided), but the setting doesn''t look all that high to me. You might want to ask someone directly at JA, but this setting looks similar, but higher, to me. https://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-1175.asp link

socalfirewife

Rough_Rock
Thanks!!! That''s funny, that first stone is the one that I thought looked promising as well, so that is good news! I have requested the image from them and asked if it is eye clean so we will see!
Yes thank you on that setting...that one does look like it might be higher...I will check with James allen about height of setting. Thank you for your help everyone!! I really appreciate it! :) This is a daunting process...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results