shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally! I have pictures of my ering

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

palegirl888

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!
I got engaged on July 21, 2005 and I have posted some messages on here, but i have never been able to post a really good picture of my ring. SOooooo...here it is! The center stone is from a ring my grandmother had. When she passed away 5 years ago my mom inherited it and she gave it to me. I gave it to my fiance when we started talking about getting engaged and he set it in a setting he got in Downtown Los Angeles. I don''t know any of the specs. My grandmother was from Argentina and I think she got the ring there a LONG time ago. She was in her 80s when she passed. The diamond is hand-cut and there is a visible inclusion on the side of the diamond. You can see a little yellow spot on the edge of it where the inclusion is. But it''s deep and hopefully it wont get worse. We can''t really afford to get a new diamond in the center and I like knowing that my grandmother''s diamond is on my finger. I think it is about .70 ct. I don''t know anything else about the diamonds in the setting. The setting is 18 K gold. I love my little ring and the man that gave it to me. We are getting married in April 2006. Hopefully i can find a band that will look nice next to it. There are diamonds on the side of the ring too, very tiny ones, and I am afraid they will be covered up when i wear the band, but oh well. Thanks for checking my pics out!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Your ring sounds lovely and sentimental. However I cannot see it.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Your setting is lovely! The bezels around the side stones are a great touch very lovely. What does the gallery look like?

palegirl888

Rough_Rock
i don''t really have a good picture of the side of the ring. Is that the gallery? I will try to get a better picture a put it on.

palegirl888

Rough_Rock
You can kind of see the tiny diamonds on the side. There is one on either side of the round bezel, then 2 where the pears are, and then 3 under the center stone on either side. I hope I am explaining it right. I don''t know the lingo.
33.gif

Thanks for the replies Matatora!

ringonellie1.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The gallery is what you see if you are holding your hand in a fist and look across, not from above. The setting is really fantastic and your diamond is an heirloom, a great combination!
36.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
What a beautiful ring! Congratulations on your engagement!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
congratulations on your engagement and your beautiful ring! I love your setting!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and delicate. It''s lovely. Congratulations on your engagement!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Palegirl,

First I want to say Congratulations on becoming engaged! Then, I think that the setting you chose is just perfect with your grandmother''s stone. How lucky you are to have such a fabulous heirloom. It''s a beautiful ring and I can''t wait to see what type of wedding band you choose.
30.gif
30.gif
Please show us more!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful and special ring.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!
30.gif
I absolutely love your ring and think it is EXTRA special that the center stone was your grandmothers! The setting compliments the diamond so well (FI did a great job). Just beautiful!!! You shouldnt have any problems finding a matching band... there are a lot out there that have that antique-y look and many on here that have them!

Congratulations!!!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the setting. Congratulations!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely LOVE that setting! I love the bezel set pears and rounds on the sides - and the milgraining and the whole look of the ring give it an updated but vintage feel. It's amazing! And the heirloom stone - what a wonderful piece altogether!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
what a perfect ring to celebrate your engagement and to honor your grandmother''s memory. I just love it!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I love heirloom rings, and yours is just beautiful. Congrats and best wishes on your engagement and a lifetime together.

shay

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
That is just the prettiest thing i''ve seen in a long, long time. Wear it in health and happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results