shape
carat
color
clarity

Feeling overwhelmed...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kkeen15

Shiny_Rock
To introduce myself...I''m Kristin, and I live in Seoul, South Korea for the time being as an English teacher. I''m in the market for an engagement ring on the Internet--don''t have to worry about international shipping fees b/c I''m gonna have it delivered to my home in Ohio.

I''ve been looking at rings for the last couple months. I''ve finally decided on a setting and shape...round brilliant with SuperbCert''s Tiffany setting. I''m getting a little down about selecting the stone though! Considering that the setting is 1K, I''ve got around 2500 for the diamond. There were two great superideal G/SI2 .7cts right around that price on SupertCert that I wanted to select from, but when I called, both had been sold. I''m not too down about that, just that it seems there are no other options with the specs I''m looking for that would allow me to get at least .7cts.

My primary concern is cut, without a doubt. I am looking for under 2 on the HCA. For the other C''s, I prefer G, eyeclean SI2, and with those specs and a superideal cut, I could afford around .7cts. BUT there aren''t any stones w/ those specs around anymore!
sad.gif

I''m open to any advice...Should I blow my budget and get an F stone, .75cts, for about 3000 (SuperbCert)? Am I being way too specific? Should I ask Barry if he will set a stone from another vendor? Should I wait to buy? Should I go down in size? Thanks in advance for the support and help!

Kristin

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niceice has the repsective setting too... and you would not be the first to have one such setting delivered to the seller of the stone and set for you. The process whs described on an older thred - I do not know wether this is the norm or it was a special arrangement, but it never hurts to ask
1.gif

There must be an 'ideal' H&A cut with the specs you want somewhere...

kkeen15

Shiny_Rock
Well...I think every vendor has a Tiffany six-prong setting of some sort, but I am stuck on the SuperbCert one because it is custom to your stone, which as far as I know from what I've read here is unique to Tiffany and SuperbCert. Correct me if I'm wrong though!!!

Kristin

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For example:
0.883, G-SI2
0.74, G, Si2

And you may want to inspect the "Expert Selection" at Whiteflash (LINK) for a few options D-G/SI with the weight and cost you are looking for.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 4/17/2004 1:06:16 PM kkeen15 wrote:

Well...I think every vendor has a Tiffany six-prong setting of some sort, but I am stuck on the SuperbCert one because it is custom to your stone, which as far as I know from what I've read here is unique to Tiffany and SuperbCert. Correct me if I'm wrong though!!!

Kristin----------------

I know what you are talking about
1.gif
( Take a look ) And still, you cna have the setting bought separately.

kkeen15

Shiny_Rock
Ana, thanks! I've been to all the Pricescope vendors, but I had totally missed the point of Whiteflash's Expert Selection previously. Some of those stones look great! The quality and price of those stones, as well as the easily accessible info, widens my immediate options substantially.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results