shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback/Advice wanted: Custom Engagement Setting Search for EC with bezel and pave.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.gif

J855_1blueroses.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gypsy...that is a gorgeous picture...

any updates blue?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
OOOOhhh, Gypsy, that is a gorgeous ring!! Thanks for posting! The ration of shank to bezel is what we''re talking about!!

MrsSalvo, there *is* an update, but I want to wait until involved parties are notified to post about it! (i.e. the DBF and I have made a decision, but we need to inform that vendor, and then say a sincere thank you anyway to the vendors we''ve chosen not to go with.) We received five quotes and had some great conversations and are REALLY grateful for the attention and care we were given. More news soon!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m excited you found someone and cannot wait to hear the update when you can share! your ring is going to be unique and just beautiful!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hey folks--

We have CADS(!!!)....very exciting. I''ve also taken some "so long, farewell" pictures of the EC in the existing setting.

So here''s the question: Should I post that stuff here, start a new thread, or head over to SMTR? It''s been a while and I want to do it right! Won''t be able to post until tonight, but want to know the protocol.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 5:09:06 PM
Author: blueroses

So here''s the question: Should I post that stuff here, start a new thread, or head over to SMTR? It''s been a while and I want to do it right! Won''t be able to post until tonight, but want to know the protocol.

no real protocol but there was a discussion a while back of some folks liking cads to be in RT and others think they are find in SMTR. I''d say if the cads are ready to go and you''re not wanting any changes to go ahead and post them in SMTR???

icekid

Ideal_Rock
blue- Don''t care where you post them, as long as you post them
9.gif
I am so thrilled and excited for you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is very exciting! I love the current setting, but I am sure it will be fabulous in the new setting! I don''t think it matters if you post the Cads here or in SMTR, But I''d definitely give the finished ring a new thread!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 5:09:06 PM
Author: blueroses
Hey folks--

We have CADS(!!!)....very exciting. I''ve also taken some ''so long, farewell'' pictures of the EC in the existing setting.

Oh mi gosh! I''ve missed this whole thread, but I''m loving the direction you''re going! I am DYING to see CADs!!!!!!!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
BUMP! Do you have CADs this morning, Blueroses?
35.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 10:45:10 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
BUMP! Do you have CADs this morning, Blueroses?
35.gif

GAH!!! I'm sorry, guys--it's been a "damage control" day from the moment I spilled my whole cup of coffee in the living room and ended up sponging off walls and furniture rather than caffeineating.

BUT: I will post those babies TONIGHT, I promise. Sorry to be a PS tease.

So: the final shots of the current setting will go up tonight, along with the CADS....tomorrow I'm going to check out the wax, and I'll see if the jeweler doesn't think I'm too much of a freakshow with my camera. (Though he's familiar with PS, so I can't imagine it'd be too strange.)

Once we have a ring (which won't be until we're engaged--BF is handling all communication from here and I won't see the finished product until he proposes) THEN I'll start a new thread.

I'm really happy with it. I can't wait for the school year to end so I can spend more time on PS playing!

pictures tonight!
35.gif
35.gif

(One more tease: picture the bling lovechild of Lauren and neatfreak, with a side of Ritani stepchild....)
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, looking forward to pics tonight; how exciting
9.gif
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see the cads!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 9:56:13 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I can't wait to see the cads!!
Oohhh I can't wait to see them, how exciting!!!!
36.gif
35.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
GET THOSE PICTURES/CADS UP! I am dying over here and have no nails left to bite off!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
We''ll see if these post ok. I''m housesitting and my Dad''s monitor has everything looking all stretched out like a funhouse mirror.

Love this setting as is, but not for my e-ring. But it''s sleek and art deco and reminds me of the Chrysler building.

BRec46.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
More dead-on

BRec45c.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Another semi-hand shot

BRec44.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
sideways hand

BRec45a.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
*sigh*

Preeeettty
10.gif

BRec47.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
A handshot for him!

BRec49him.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Flower shot!

BRecflower.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Another daisy shot

BRecflower1.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hangin'' out on the kitchen table

BRec50.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Wait, how''d that get in here?!

Bre.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
My favorite.

BRec51.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
OK.

Now that the "Hasta la vista....setting" pictures are posted (and I'm sure they really belonged in SMTR. Thanks for the patience)....

CADS.

Here we go.

What we ultimately decided on was:
1) a bezel/halo VERY much like Lauren's (borrowing/copying the "bevel in the bezel" which my DBF just likes to say. "bevel in the bezel, bevel in the bezel." It's fun.)
2) a profile like neatfreak's
3) one-sided micropave in the band.

We've been assured by our jeweler that 1) the metal looks chunkier on the CADS (as I kind of knew from here) and 2) that polishing, etc. once it's set will also help refine the bezel. We can always take more off but not add it back--there was a haircut analogy in there somewhere. The prongs in the pave will also be ground down, of course. We trust him.

So here it is...EEEEE!! I hope you guys like it!

CADbr1.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Side profile

CADbr2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results