shape
carat
color
clarity

Feathers in VVS1 stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tunnelvision

Rough_Rock
I purchased this stone from blue nile you can view it here:

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD01095622

Anyway I didnt notice the feathers on the crappy website scan of the agsl rating, should I be concerned about their location.... if you look at the picture they are located just below 3 o clock on the very edge, you can see them if you look hard...... should I worry about cracking? I have it set in a 6 prong setting, Thank you very much guys this is my first diamond purchase.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS.

Feathers in a VVS1 are very unlikely to be an issue as they are so tiny, I don''t think you need to worry.

it probably took a really long time to find them, probably with high magnification and then they zoomed out. Maybe a Really long time:) you have nothing to worry about at all.

tunnelvision

Rough_Rock
Thanks, how do you think I did price wise? I wanted the best stone for my current budget and I really couldnt find much better, Anyway I was worried because the girdle is thin to slightly thick, I know the stone is of rather high quality and that is what I was going for, Im not one for size in trade for the quality of the stone. Today when I recived it is when I noticed the feathers on the color copy of the report. thanks again for you input guys

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can check your pricing with the Pricescope Your Diamond tool above to compare similar, but you have an AGS0, and an E VVS1 to boot, it is a cream of the crop in all aspects!

SpeedracerII

Rough_Rock
I know it is a personal choice, but you might want to consider dropping in color and clarity and increasing size. I have a large feather in our diamond and it is not an issue, nor can I even see it unless I get out my loop and search. Someday when I learn how to post pics I'll post one. Oh.. wait.. I see the icon... hold on... Well I am not sure if this will upload, but if it does.. you will see and extreme close up of my wife's 1.18 ct, E, I1. Yes I1. Now this is closer than anyone is going to look at your ring, but even a feather worthy of an I1 is very hard to see. In fact I'm not sure I can make it out in this photo. In the real world with light coming off the stone there is no way you can see it. The photo doesn't do the diamond justice in the light department. The artifacts around the edge of the stone are actualy reflections off the bezel.

The picture worked!

IMG_2672.JPG

SpeedracerII

Rough_Rock
This is a better shot that you can actually make out the feather. The feather is just at the 9 o''clock position right next to the center of the table. Oh oh... now that I know how to post pictures I''m going to post some pics of the ring.

IMG_2660.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results