shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Intense Yellow with Strong Yellow Fluoro

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Don't see too many of these around and thought you guys might appreciate. In this instance there was no impact on transparency too. A very bright round and nice optics too I might add.

dsc00621.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how neat. my I ask what shape is that stone?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are rounds! I saw the video on YouTube. Very interesting to see yellow fluorescence!!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool effect! I love fluorescence, so this video is a real treat. :love:

Happy Holidays, Jon!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1356226283|3338307 said:
They are rounds! I saw the video on YouTube. Very interesting to see yellow fluorescence!!!

cool! I dont see a lot of round FCD. Where is the vid??

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go to DiamondInfoMan on YT -

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
That is so cool. How hard is it to hunt for one if a customer was wanting a fancy with yellow fluor? Hypothetically. :Up_to_something:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jon for taking the time to post the yellow fl. Many have never heard there are other colors of fl.
That is really yellow...so interesting.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's so amazing to see!! Thanks, Jon, for posting that... going off to watch the video now!

Do you have other stones that have fluorescence in other colours?? Wonder if there's a possible "rainbow photo" in the making....!

Is the non-blue fluoro limited to non-colourless stones? Can colourless stones also exhibit a variety of alternate fluorescent colours? Very interesting!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how beautiful! :love: Thank you for taking the time to post this Jon!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Just watched the video-that is such a beautiful diamond :love: Another thing on my wishlist. I'll also take the AVR N and the AVC Y-Z. :naughty:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ecf8503|1356226452|3338309 said:
Very cool effect! I love fluorescence, so this video is a real treat. :love:

Happy Holidays, Jon!

thanks ecf and a Happy Holiday to you too! Glad you guys like! :appl:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
JaneSmith|1356232156|3338347 said:
That is so cool. How hard is it to hunt for one if a customer was wanting a fancy with yellow fluor? Hypothetically. :Up_to_something:

They're out there Jane. What made this particular call a little challenge is the client needed a round with very specific measurements, and a very specific girdle thickness. We found all the magical combinations he needed coupled with the strong yellow. That it didn't have excessive leakage and the fluoro didn't impact the transparency were icing on the cake.

Marymm, thank you kindly for posting a link to the video. In the video I not only captured the fluoro at the end but you can see it's color alongside of an E, and N and a Y/Z.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I once made a pave bracelet with just over 500 stones in it and we did patterns with the fluorescent ones. It was really cool. I always wanted to do a piece using fluorescence colors as a design element but it was just too hard to find the stones to do a design around. Unfortunately, a lot of the stones that look the most interesting under UV are pretty bad under normal light (Marquise cut I2/M’s and the like). Stones that looks great under traditional light and have strong fluro in a color other than blue are an extremely difficult thing to find.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Enerchi|1356264261|3338461 said:
That's so amazing to see!! Thanks, Jon, for posting that... going off to watch the video now!

Do you have other stones that have fluorescence in other colours?? Wonder if there's a possible "rainbow photo" in the making....!

Is the non-blue fluoro limited to non-colourless stones? Can colourless stones also exhibit a variety of alternate fluorescent colours? Very interesting!

You know Enerchi ... it's dangerous comments like the above that lead to some very interesting (and expensive!) projects! LOL ... That *would* be very cool. And the variety of fluoro found in diamonds ... now THAT would be a cool video. :Up_to_something:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
denverappraiser|1356283216|3338566 said:
I once made a pave bracelet with just over 500 stones in it and we did patterns with the fluorescent ones. It was really cool. I always wanted to do a piece using fluorescence colors as a design element but it was just too hard to find the stones to do a design around. Unfortunately, a lot of the stones that look the most interesting under UV are pretty bad under normal light (Marquise cut I2/M’s and the like). Stones that looks great under traditional light and have strong fluro in a color other than blue are an extremely difficult thing to find.

And that right there is the kicker Neil. Good point and wow ... I'd have loved to see that bracelet! Got a pick laying around somewhere?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rhino|1356285292|3338585 said:
denverappraiser|1356283216|3338566 said:

And that right there is the kicker Neil. Good point and wow ... I'd have loved to see that bracelet! Got a pick laying around somewhere?
Nah, this was back when I was young and stupid and didn't take pictures of things. Back in the good old days of film photography it was a LOT harder get good pics.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rhino|1356285203|3338584 said:

You know Enerchi ... it's dangerous comments like the above that lead to some very interesting (and expensive!) projects! LOL ... That *would* be very cool. And the variety of fluoro found in diamonds ... now THAT would be a cool video. :Up_to_something:

DOOOO it!! DOOOO it!!! DOOOOO it!!! :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

(pleeeeeease let my powers of persuasion work on you!! that would be AMAZING to see... did I mention "DOOOO IT!!!"?? not sure....) :lol:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1356286325|3338600 said:

DOOOO it!! DOOOO it!!! DOOOOO it!!! :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

(pleeeeeease let my powers of persuasion work on you!! that would be AMAZING to see... did I mention "DOOOO IT!!!"?? not sure....) :lol:

I dont know if Enerchi was clear or not, but you should probably do it. :lol: ;-)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
^^^^^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one, nielseel!! Ya, it was left fairly ambiguous -- I can see how Jon may not get the hint.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jon - DOOOO IT!!!! ;))

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much Jon for posting this! I love fluorescence and that was such a GREAT picture!
By the way...I have a .54ct RB diamond in fancy brownish-greenish yellow color with strong yellowish green fluorescence. When i took it to the appraiser,he was very busy, so i left the stone and went back to my office. So after two hours he called me and asked me to go back, because he wanted to show me something amazing! I went back and he took me in a dark room and showed me the strong yellowish green fluorescence of my stone...I think that it was the most beautiful and amazing thing i had ever seen in my life :o :love: I wish i could photograph this and post a pic of it guys!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
nielseel|1356286520|3338601 said:
Enerchi|1356286325|3338600 said:

I dont know if Enerchi was clear or not, but you should probably do it. :lol: ;-)

LOL ... you ladies have me rollin here. :twirl:

Well ... madelaise already gave me another great suggestion for a program which I was going to get to work on after the season on the subject of "Understanding Diamond Size". In that we were going to cover how various sized rounds and squares appear on fingers from like size 5 through 8 (or I may have a girl here with a 9 too) and use sizes from about 1/2ct or 3/4ct up to around 2-3ct for perspective and also discuss size differences that are not covered on paper with regards to squares. You know how the corner to corner measurements are not taken into account? Having those sizes on various finger sizes shown on screen at the same time I think would be a good thing to gain perspective of how particular diamond sizes look on particular fingers sizes. I think that will be helpful for the online community.

I have to admit though ... rounding up all those COOL COLORS in fluoro sounds a little more fun. :naughty:

Oh ... if there were only more hours in the day. :rodent:

And natylad ... that does sound amazing! When we take that on I'll work to include every color I can get my hands on.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo Hoo!!! A delayed victory for the rainbow fluoro crowd!!! Thanks Jon for considering that - it would be VERY neat to see them all! Thanks! :bigsmile:

And the video showing sizes - WOW!! Double AWESOME!! That would be great to get RL perspective! Happy to offer up another size 8 option if your original 8 calls in sick! ;)) Ah... the hardship of having to model diamonds... well, someone's gotta do it, so I'll throw my hat in the ring! :naughty:

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
I just came across this thread. I love flour, so I got a UV light to check out all my jewelry. I found a yellow fluor stone in my channel set hoop earrings. Cool!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results