shape
carat
color
clarity

eye visible size difference?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Will it be possible to tell the difference with the naked eye between 5.24 and 5.44 mm round diamonds? Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2008 1:32:46 PM
Author:vslover
Will it be possible to tell the difference with the naked eye between 5.24 and 5.44 mm round diamonds? Thanks!
There might be a slight difference with direct comparison, but not so much without I would think.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the naked eyes would be able to easily tell the difference, but it will be a small difference.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
For me, it depends on what my reference stone is. Side by side, I really wouldn''t notice a difference between those two sizes, but if I compared them with a smaller stone, I would probably want the slightly larger one.

I have been looking at 6.95-7.00mm and 7.38-7.50mm stones in shops and comparing them with my 6.06mm stone, and even though the .38-.60mm difference is not huge side by side, the larger stone seems to have a larger presence when I compare it with my e-ring.

If the specs and price are right for the smaller stone (and an upgrade policy just in case), then that''s what I would go with.

Also, what is this for? Earrings? side stones? Solitaire? If it''s a case of matching stones, I''m not sure you would notice the difference.

In general, the size difference will be very small to most eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results