shape
carat
color
clarity

Explain this one to me.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soonerice

Rough_Rock
I came across this I1 on the trade site I have access to. It is interesting because the cut is pretty amazing. It is fairly expensive (relative)for an I1 but look at the plot and explain to me why this is an I1? Was this a mistake. The color, and cut are outstanding. The price is $3100.
Give me your take:

AGS Cert
Color D
Clarity I1
Size 1.29 ctw
Depth 61.1
Table 56
Crown Angle 34.1
Pavillion Angle 40.9
The other info is on the cert......
Thanks

Attachments

• Nice_I1_unicode.txt
    4 bytes · Views: 18

soonerice

Rough_Rock
Sorry,
this may be better, I had to alter the cert (border, some text) to get it down in size.....

I1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Soonerice, comparing to retail prices, $3100 for AGS0 stone doesn't look too much at all.

You are looking at wholesale price. Wholesalers usually do not sell to the public but it happens from time to time. Let us know whether you'll be able to get it for that price
1.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Soonerice: From the plot where the inclusions are supposed to be outlined it does not show much in detail what the major defect in the stone might be. I think before purchasing you should take a really good look at the stone yourself. The price is definitely nice, but there are many more things to consider before you go jumping in.

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
16.gif

soonerice

Rough_Rock
I am not really considering this stone, even though it is a very nice cut.....it is the certificate that confuses me. I am actually looking at some H&A, AGS 000 cut SI2's....but I want to learn how to read these certs properly....
Thanks

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
The I-1 by definition could be as simple as the primary inclusion being "immediately and readily visible to the unaided eye"... But without a color copy of the original lab report, it is also likely that there are inclusions indicated on the lab report were not picked up by the copy machine... We see this a lot.

Dealers... Please join us in the Steam Room regarding this dealer.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I was about to place a large order with them, thanks for the heads up.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes inclusions --especially feathers-- on AGS reports look a bit ''faded''. If it's graded I 1, then you can be pretty sure that it has inclusions visible to the naked eye. There are some exceptions, but they're very rare.
1.gif

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Likely because the inclusions are easily seen, located under the table and probably opaque white or dark in color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results