carat
color
clarity

Experts - unusual round cut.

Jamiegems

Rough_Rock
It's a round it says it's a round.
ideal cut stone.
and it also gives you the length with ratio and the diameter. If you scan with your pointer and mouse over the L/W/D it will tell you that the length to width ratio is what makes diamonds beautiful.

There is something wrong about this photo though. It has a cert but it just is showing info by the site. Not the actual cert. but if you roll your pointer over each measurement it will tell you what each of them means.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jamiegems|1425381997|3841155 said:
It's a round it says it's a round.
ideal cut stone.
and it also gives you the length with ratio and the diameter. If you scan with your pointer and mouse over the L/W/D it will tell you that the length to width ratio is what makes diamonds beautiful.

There is something wrong about this photo though. It has a cert but it just is showing info by the site. Not the actual cert. but if you roll your pointer over each measurement it will tell you what each of them means.

What expert analysis!

Its interesting from what I can see each star facet is actually 4 facets

KobiD

Shiny_Rock
Very helpful Jamie :think: ..of course it is a round, but its not a typical round brilliant cut.

Agree Niel. Still 8 star facets as you'd expect with a round brilliant, however they are 100% (run all the way to the girdle), and also appear to have been cut at varying angles to form a roundish table and multiple small facets around the face. Not like anything I've seen.

I wonder if JA would be willing to take an IS and ASET of this.

Jamiegems

Rough_Rock
Is everyone on here so snarky all the time...
I looked at it for a while and the crown facets that are pointing down are faceted as well
that's what I can see but my eyes are not so great.

so what would this be called then ?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jamiegems said:
I looked at it for a while and the crown facets that are pointing down are faceted as well

Jamiegem,
My apologies if my comment upset you. Do understand the poster was looking for more of an analysis of this round stone. Reposting what was already listed on the website the OP shared isn't exactly what they were looking for. The OP is looking for a specific name for the unique cutting of the stone. Most likely, its a "branded" cut. So, although it is a round shape, it is not a classic round brilliant. To just repost saying "its a round it says its a round" comes off a tad condescending, I think that's what prompted the responses you received. Again, my apologies if that wasn't what you intended. :)

Also, interestingly enough, it being listed as a round doesn't guarantee anything as JA will often mislabel shapes like this "heart" or this "radiant"

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
24caratsequin|1425381439|3841152 said:
Possibly a Solasfera? It's something special for sure.
solafera is 10 fold(10 arrows) so that's not it,
off the top of my head I am not sure what it is called.
Likely a branded cut from someone.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I cannot tell from the provided information, does the Pavilion match the crown with 17 facets? If so it appears to be a Mazarin Cut - sometimes called a 'double cut brilliant' - (often associated with Princess cuts, but was a predecessor to the MRB). It is a really interesting look!

Editted - And yes - optical performance images (IS or ASET) would be interesting!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Diamond_Hawk|1425397502|3841246 said:
I cannot tell from the provided information, does the Pavilion match the crown with 17 facets? If so it appears to be a Mazarin Cut - sometimes called a 'double cut brilliant' - (often associated with Princess cuts, but was a predecessor to the MRB). It is a really interesting look!

Mazarin cuts are squared off and have fewer facets than your average round brilliant. This looks to be a modern stone (agree it's a branded cut of some sort ... now equally curious what kind!).

diamond_cut_2.png

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jamiegems|1425386970|3841170 said:
I see it too Jamie. Several tiers on the bezels and a polishing design that incorporates the stars.

Diamond_Hawk said:
Pavilion has many narrow mains. More than 10, probably 16 as it makes mathematical sense with the crown. Very narrow, in the style of solasfera, driving pinfire scintillation. Crown inspired by Mazarin, but with multiple bezel tiers suitable for today's lighting.

Karl_K said:
24caratsequin|1425381439|3841152 said:
Likely a branded cut from someone.
I'm sure Karl is correct.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a very unusual one...wow.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I believe I found the report. Gordon's proprietary cut, based on the inscription. I presume it's an iteration of their "Celebration" diamond.

Interesting that the clarity plot doesn't conform to the modified bezels. In the image on the JA website you can see how two stars are incorprated into each bezel facet and run together all the way to the girdle, becoming a 3-way main. Probably not an option in the GIA library, so the crown plot doesn't appear to catch the faceting style precisely.

Very cool that JA video'd this.

_27592.jpg

150303-rmb-ja-capture.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
John Pollard|1425402868|3841287 said:
I believe I found the report. Gordon's proprietary cut, based on the inscription. I presume it's an iteration of their "Celebration" diamond.

Interesting that the clarity plot doesn't conform to the modified bezels. In the image on the JA website you can see how two stars are incorprated into each bezel facet and run together all the way to the girdle, becoming a 3-way main. Probably not an option in the GIA library, so the crown plot doesn't appear to catch the faceting style precisely.

Our hero!

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Google Gordon's Jewelers.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Niel|1425403277|3841292 said:
John Pollard|1425402868|3841287 said:

Our hero!

Ha. Wearing a cape (color) and mask(ing-inclusions) ?
;-)

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
So cool, thank you for pointing this one out! It reminds me of fireworks going off in the outer edges of the diamond.

KobiD

Shiny_Rock
Thanks John! Nice quick turn around with that answer. Most appreciated.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find John..... it reminded me of one of the Star branded cuts a bit.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! That's really cool looking. Reminds me of a concave cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results