shape
carat
color
clarity

Experts advice needed on this cushion!

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
I am looking into a modified brilliant cushion, and in the GIA lab report it says extremely thin to thick (girdle), a picture of a natural inclusion that looks like an extra facet is pointed to by an arrow, the same picture though shows the extremely thin girdle. would you be concerned about that? is it something that may be vulnerable to fracture in the future?
Thank you.

_39.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need to see the stone from the top view as well. I wouldn't rule it out just from that one extra facet or whatever it is, but I would be careful how I set the stone so that the very thin girdle was not exposed. This is for a pendant, right?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was also considering a diamond with a girdle description of extremely thin to very thick and eventually passed on it. I was too worried that it is more prone to damage. Technically, if the area is very small and protected, you'll be fine.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1356823620|3342466 said:
We need to see the stone from the top view as well. I wouldn't rule it out just from that one extra facet or whatever it is, but I would be careful how I set the stone so that the very thin girdle was not exposed. This is for a pendant, right?
No it is for a RH ring.
The pendant project is still on awaiting the right diamond.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't risk it on a ring. I've seen PSers with antique stones with extremely thin girdles set in rings that sustained chips.

vishke8

Rough_Rock
I agree with Chrono on the girdle, I would not risk it either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results