shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert help?! 2.1 HCA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dixxin

Rough_Rock
1) Is a 2.1 on HCA the sweet spot for price vs cut balance? (57% table)
2) I am seeing alot of yellow in the diamond. Is it due to the G colour grading? (GIA)
3) G, SI1, 2.11k, 2.1HCA for AUD 28,000 or (around..USD 20,000)?

dixxin

Rough_Rock
I really appreciate the help of the experts here as I have learned more about diamond here than anywhere else. I am sure all the newbies feel that way too.. so thanks all you experts from all of us newbies....

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds very fine to me.

Is this a harts and arrows cut ? Do you want one, or just dieal proportions are fine ?

Assuming the quote is about USD 21k , there are not too many H&A options around here - just one H/S1 (19k) and one H/VS2 (22k) and no G/SI of this size.

Otherwise, you may find a few G/SI1 AGS0 from 1.9 to 2.1 below 21k (just a bit though) runing a search for AGS certified diamonds. Of course, there is not knowing if these happen to show very precise harts and arrows or not, until further inquiry and having the seller inspect the stone. But the ideal AGS0 cut grade is there and the HCAs could be easily retreved asking sellers for the stats. For example:

1.91cts G/SI1 AGS (16k)

2.07 G/SI (19k)

2.1 G/SI (20k)

Each is listed by more than one seller, so this is a choice of diamonds, not shops.

These are all between 8mm and 8.3mm diameter - not a stryking range. F/G -VS between 1.85-1.95cts would still come at about 8mm in size and within your buget. Worth a search, I would think.

Otherwise, I have only the highest expectations about the stone that you are going to see, given the relevant rave Pricescope reviews.

I'm not an expert
1.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are obviously seeing the stone in person - does it have yellow fluoro?
Have you seen it with an ideal-scope?
HCA is for rejection to narrow down great stones - but it is not for selection as stones with great scores are not impervious from bad craftsmanship and deliberat swindling.

dixxin

Rough_Rock
The stone is showing a slight yellow when i move it side by side.. the GIA cert shows the stone as having no fluorescent.
Ideal-scope image shows little leakage.. looks more pink than bright red though.

So my question now will be
1) Is 2.1 HCA acceptable? - the stone is a AGS0
2) Does a G colour grade stone show yellowness or is it due to the FIC?

Thanks...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
G should not appear 'yellow' necessarily....under what circumstances are you viewing the stone? Is it in a yellow walled room or under a yellow light? Diamonds can pick up tones of the room or circumstances you view under. Are you wearing a yellow or tan colored shirt? It's really hard to say why it would be appearing yellow to you....even somewhat sensitive eyes would not see 'yellow' in a G....maybe a slight tint of warmth.

As for the 2.1 on the HCA...it's not a horrible score but only you can make the final determination on whether that is a good mix of price and cut quality for your budget and your priorities. Good luck.

dixxin

Rough_Rock
Thanks Mara...
I was viewing the diamond on a white viewing tray in the jeweller''s office. No yellow in the room at all...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results