shape
carat
color
clarity

Experience with Whiteflash? Need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monolith

Rough_Rock
Hi people,

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I recently submitted a request for a custom semi-mount engagement setting to Whiteflash. I was able to provide them with a picture via email of almost exactly what I wanted. The only difference was that the pave stones went about 3/4 of the way around the ring instead of the 1/2 pave ring in the picture I supplied.
The lady I emailed was very helpful and friendly. These are the specifications she sent back...

"3/4 eternity 0.70 ctw in platinum. Price includes: custom setting, ACA F/G VS Diamond melees, setting all diamonds, sizing, complimentary shipping/insurance, WF Black Lacquered ring box and verification letter from an independent appraiser."

The price seemed very reasonable, almost too low. She also provided a picture of a similar setting they had done recently and it was almost dead on accurate.

My question is, has anyone had a custom ring made by Whiteflash and if so do they do quality work? Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. This is my first wedding and only so I want this ring to be right.

Thanks so much for any advice you can give me.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
EDITTED TO ADD: PLEASE DO NOT USE MY PHOTOS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

I have bought 2 diamonds, and 3 rings from Whiteflash, one of them custom. They are first class all the way. Here is the custom ring they made for my 2.01 ct. pear:

steffora_ring2.jpg

It is absolutely wonderfully made in every aspect and it has become my favorite ring. I highly recommend Whiteflash!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2005 10:59:29 PM
Author:monolith

My question is, has anyone had a custom ring made by Whiteflash and if so do they do quality work? Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. This is my first wedding and only so I want this ring to be right.

Thanks so much for any advice you can give me.
My engagement ring was custom-made by whiteflash. I sent them a picture of the ring that most resembled what I wanted to see, and then VERBALLY DESCRIBED about 6 changes I wanted to make.

They did a superb job for VERY reasonable money. I couldn''t have been happier, and it was thrill to actually hold in my hands (and put on my finger!) a ring that had only existed exactly that way in my head up to that point.

You cannot go wrong; communication is the KEY to making any custom project a satisfying one.

Good luck.

signal_4

Shiny_Rock
Hi.... I now wish that I had sent them a picture of the Tacori setting that I bought because I believe they could have saved me a bunch of money making one like it.... I am however going to see if they can make a similiar band to the one that goes with the Tacori ring !!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WF custom made my wedding ring to match perfectly with my engagement ring (done by another jeweler). They did a fabulous job. I have emailed them for quotes on other projects and would not hesitate to have them work on a custom piece for me. They are very detailed and understand how particular a customer can be about a custom piece.

I know they have also made many other items on here for people..aka Lynn B's new wedding set; Ame's wedding band; and other settings I can't recall at this very moment. Good luck!

Edited to add that my w-ring was prong set eternity and Lynn's set was 1/2 way melee (1/2 eternity) similar to my style..they do alot of settings with their melee work, so if that is what you are considering, definitely in the right hands.

murray93

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure if I''m allowed to reference other sites here, but Lesley has an entire thread on diamondtalk.com showcasing their custom work. Some of it is jaw-dropping gorgeous. They are actually working on a piece for me right now.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash just made a custom Eternity band for me last week. They have terrific customer service and were very helpful in answering my many questions. Bob usually emailed me back within a few hours. Here''s a pic...

wfe03.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also had an eternity band made by them and they did a fabulous job. The stones are gorgeous and the work is great. And the customer service is top-notch. A LOT of jewelers need to wake up and figure that out. Customer Service is almost more important than the actual work. Both should be completely dead on perfect.

monolith

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much to all of you for your replies and information. This a great resource for the first time engagement ring buyer like me, or for anyone looking to buy.

I''ve been talking with Denise and she is fantastic. I described what I wanted, a 3/4 pave band in platinum with about .75tcw without the center stone. She sent me a picture of a piece they had done recently for someone else and it was almost dead on. Only the prongs will need to be changed and perhaps one other small change. I told her that I will be buying my center stone from her as well assuming all goes as expected.

I''ll keep the forum posted on how my experience goes, workmanship, quality, etc.

Thanks again for all the info.

kratty

Rough_Rock
I''m in the process of working on a custom E-ring with Lesley at this moment. To date it has been an enjoyable process. While I haven''t seen the final product -- we''re still in the sharing pictures and adjectives phase -- I am very confident m''lady will be thrilled!
30.gif

Add my voice to those who say giving your business to WF won''t be a mistake! Good luck!

J

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Denise is the BEST!!! Seriously, I have never received better customer service from anyone--not even my personal shopper at Neiman''s. WF not only helped me in choosing my diamond, they made my setting and are now in the process of making my 7-stone wedding band. I can''t wait to see it! I get compliments almost daily on my ring, and I''m sure you will as well
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results