shape
carat
color
clarity

Experience with Mark Turnowski from ERD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Alison P

Rough_Rock
Excited newbie... wanted to document my experience for others since everyone here helped me so much.

After A LOT of careful consideration, we're going with Mark Turnowski from Engagement Rings Direct to make a custom setting for my 2.1 radiant. This was decided after reading all of the great reviews on PS. Mark is as GREAT as everyone says & is working with me to create my dream ring!! When he is finished, my bf will have the ring sent to his work address out here in CA. I won't get to see the finished product until he decides it's time to pop the million dollar question. Feels like Christmas!!!

I wanted something both classic AND original, which is kind of an oxymoron. One night after doing some ring surfing, a crazy idea entered my mind. The thought was to mix my favorite classic ring, the Harry Winston MicroPave

http://www.harrywinston.com/go.php/c_Engagement,Micropave

with the Michael B. Lace look for the band.

http://www.michaelcfina.com/ic/mcfina/sections/wedding_engagement_rings/engagement_rings/michael_b_engagement_rings/:product/code/PL0520LACE0004.html?block=1

The clusters on the band would be close together instead of spaced apart with the little arrows at either end almost touching, so it still has the look of a single row micropave band all around.

Talk about excited and grateful when Mark said it sounded original, and he thought he could do it and still keep the dainty/classic look.

I'm sending off the stone tomorrow or Friday and won't see it again for who knows how long. I can't wait to see the CAD. Mark will be emailing them to me in a couple of days!!

harry winston look.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the lace collection, and have considered a lace like band with a halo a could of times, but thought it would go best with a brilliant instead of step cut... I'm SO excited to see your set!! Can't wait till it's finished.

ETA: Pearlmans has a better picture of the lace band's details... I would go over there and send Mark the links to those so that he can really get the detail right. Oh... this is going to be beautiful!

Alison P

Rough_Rock
Funny you mentioned that site... Mark send me this picture from Pearlman''s. He thought the two stone cluster might work better than the three cluster version. I really like them both. I haven''t seen either in person, so it''s really hard to know. Any one else seen both in person? Which might look better closer with the clusters moved together?

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Two gorgeous design elements together in one ring?? Wow. So beautiful.
I''m headed to Mark in the next couple of weeks to start on mine. Right now I''m thinking cushion, micro pave shank...And I''m too excited!
Can''t wait to see your finished project! Good Luck.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay well, when I was considering the project I was either going to do two of the larger clusters... one on either side of the head... didn't want it all the way around in case of breakage, stones falling out, etc. Or I was going to do four of the smaller clusters two on each side of the head. At the 10:30 and 1:30 position and then at the 3:00 and 9:00 position. I'm hard on my ring bottoms so I didn't want diamonds on the bottom of the shank at all. The max I wanted was at 3:00 and 9:00.

It's a personal thing though. I think with they type of halo you want I would go with the smaller clusters though. I wanted a very very thin and dainty halo... the HW is more substantial.

winnie

Rough_Rock
alison- where did you get the picture of the micropave ring ? love that one! specs?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful project idea, I really can''t wait to see how it turns out! ERD has made some very lovely settings lately, so this should be a beauty!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool idea. I can''t wait to see it!

Alison P

Rough_Rock
OK - send the stone off on it''s way. It won''t be there until Wednesday because of Memorial Day. I think that he''s waiting to see the stone before working on the CAD.

Winnie - I read all your posts when I was choosing a setting because I just loved yours! F 2.13 VS1. The "my pictures" folder on my computer is full of pictures of millions of rings I was looking over the last couple of weeks! My computer will probably crash because I was going crazy trying to find exactly what I wanted!!
26.gif

Thanks for all the nice comments - I''m so nervous and excited to see what he comes up with...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results