shape
carat
color
clarity

Eurika!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2005 10:06:45 PM
Author: burnban35

I’m still reeling over the fact that I asked for a little help finding a matching band for an e-ring and received only one reply and numerous views to my post and this thread has hit 3 pages. Am I in the right Forum?

33.gif

You asked for a little help, but you shouldn''t take it personally or "reel" over it if you don''t get a ton of replies. Folks here are generally eager to help, but they are largely consumers, not jewelers. As such, most of us don''t have a wide exposure to various setting options.

The setting you selected in your thread looks tough to match, and most folks around here suggest eternity bands which you clearly said you don''t want.

This thread, on the other hand, is asking about DIAMONDS, and input can be given on them without necessarily worrying about meeting someone''s personal taste.

I hope you understand.
1.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must say that when I started reading diamond boards about 7 years ago now, there was a lot of talk about culet and a small one being preferred to none. A lot of what was said was centred on the fact that a lot of diamonds received abrading to the culet when kept in diamond papers with the other diamonds after being cut. There was not as much branded cutting being available or talked about at that time.

I also remember being told that the Japanese (Asian people) wanted very hight clarity diamonds as in FL - VVS2 and with no culet as they believe the luck would run out of the stone if there was a hole in the bottom to be seen.

It was also said that the culet should not point beneath the setting on a ring as they could be damaged by the jewellers metal ring sizer rod if they were set so low that this was the case.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Texada: First I''m from Texas so yes we do like things big here...especially diamonds. Not saying you should get a larger one. But do get a ring that you know she will like...especially when you are spending that much money.

If my BF gave me a ring I hated, as happy as I would be about the engagement, one of my first things to do would be to make a trip to the jeweler and have the ring changed to my *my* preferences, since *I''m* the one who has to wear it everyday for the rest of my life. Not to mention I just think its silly to pay extra for something that you can''t even see.

The romance and the surprise are in the proposal itself and not the ring.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Texada
your in luck here.i think a D IF 1 ct used to sell for close to 60k
23.gif
in the early 80''s.

burnban35

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/14/2005 11:01:06 AM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 6/13/2005 10:06:45 PM
Author: burnban35

I’m still reeling over the fact that I asked for a little help finding a matching band for an e-ring and received only one reply and numerous views to my post and this thread has hit 3 pages. Am I in the right Forum?

33.gif

You asked for a little help, but you shouldn''t take it personally or ''reel'' over it if you don''t get a ton of replies. Folks here are generally eager to help, but they are largely consumers, not jewelers. As such, most of us don''t have a wide exposure to various setting options.

The setting you selected in your thread looks tough to match, and most folks around here suggest eternity bands which you clearly said you don''t want.

This thread, on the other hand, is asking about DIAMONDS, and input can be given on them without necessarily worrying about meeting someone''s personal taste.

I hope you understand.
1.gif
Yes, I understand. I admit I could have been more clear in my ill attempt at humor.
37.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you still out there, Texada? Just wondering how it all turned out -

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2005 9:19:10 AM
Author: Texada

style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 88px">Date: 6/12/2005 3:59:17 AM
Author: valeria101

As is your compromise is on size...
Hi Valeria,

I''m not making a compromise on size though! If I truly wanted a bigger stone, then settled for a 1ct, then this would be a compromise. In one of my ealier posts, I have talked about why I like the 1 ct. size.

Bryon
My fault... I didn''t read through the other posts. Obviously your choice comes from a set of personal prefferences that make 1 cts D-IF Ideal cut the best of the best for you. You surely do know what you are getting so there is no risk that the end result would turn any less than great. Good for you !
1.gif

Please do post about the result, pictures are most welcome too
35.gif

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhh drammmmmaaa. Now you all got me freakin out about my small culet which I cannot see. Curses Rock doc u know I am paranoid!
emotion-18.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I am curious too. Texada, if you are still here, please give us an update as to what happened and how the proposal went and of course pics!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results